• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why mephedrone became that obscure after ban

noror

Greenlighter
HI

This is my first post here on bluelight so sorry if it's in wrong section or something.

So I have been wondering why mephedrone despite beeing such as amazing drug, with ridiculus rush and euphoria, completly disappeared after the ban. Well Ok it kinda stayed in the UK but still, is nowhere near as popular as it should be considering the effects. Why dont ppl dont synthesise this shit, I'm sure as hell it completly outclasses amphetamine, and debatedly even coke.
Any thoughts?

After briefly looking into it I would pick MDMA or methamphetamine over mephedrone to synthesize as it is possible to get precursors for those two from sources that are established and legitimate businesses depending on how you go about it. If you wanted to "make mephedrone" you would need a source for its precursor which seems limited.

Cant get into more detail then that but my guess is its why people dont just make ketamine in a sense, you need something slightly specific so your less likely to wander into it as you may MDMA or meth.

sup noror and welcome to BL. i totally feel you pain man i loved drone when it first came out, it was just the best parts of mdma and coke but with that special something else that i just can't seem to put my finger on. that rush man, never had anything like that since; it was truly a staggeringly, almost scarily intense jolt of unadulterated bliss.

but it was the ban that really made stuff fall apart, not sure if you remember the pre-ban stuff but once the bans came in the labs moved from China to India and the quality just bombed; drone went from pure white fluffy powder to sort of tan/beige colour crystals. the nail in the coffin was when all the factories in India were raided and shut down and tons of the cooks went to jail. i'm sure china could still make it if there was a market big enough for it but its kind of fallen into obscurity in large parts of the UK (which was basically its largest market), i'm not sure what the demand is like in Europe but considering drone is so scarce i would hazard a guess that its by and large been replaced by other novel psychoactives.

RIP Droney, may you never be forgotten.

The only drone I done was one year ago. It was a period in my life when I got to try stimulants for the first time. I'm pretty sure it was not mephedrone but it was some beta-ketone derriative somwhat similar in effects. I remember when I felt the rush of serotonin + dopamine hit me and lit up my cigarette It felt so amazing I cant even begin to imagin to comprehend what effects had real pure pre ban meph, but this got my thinking: I really believe it is worth doing all the effort in order to synthesise it, ppl would be happy even if it came in the coke price range.
And just so to add i was 17 at that time, I'm 18 now. Felt somewhat to highlight that I,m adult as I rcently got banned on drugs-forum for some mod thinking I,m underage cuz I said I,m in highschool....ahhh

Last edited:
Although I'm personally not experienced with mephedrone and wasn't around when it was big, it seems like there just isn't the demand for it amongst people relatively new to the scene. It doesn't quite have the reputation that drugs such as MDMA or coke have, from what I've seen this lack of reputation means less of a demand and, therefore, there isn't the financial incentive to start producing and selling it when you can make more profit from other well known stims. Just my 2 cents.

Pesronally, I think its a shame as it is one of the few drugs I'd still like to experience yet its scarcity makes that hard to do. Maybe one day....

at the time it was basically all we had; the quality of mandy and coke had plummeted and the burgeoning dubstep scene (lol) was just crying out for a cheap and effective stim.
then out of nowhere, boom, enter mephedrone.

truly it was our oasis in the withering desert of sobriety and sensible decisions.

its still pretty big in the gay scene from what i gather, so, you could always look there...