• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why Marijuana SHOULD Be Illegal

HI all...
Just my 2 cents worth...read an amazing book called THE EMPORER WEARS NO CLOTHES...by JACK HERER...
it is well worth a read if you want to know the full history & facts on MJ & why it is illegal...interesting reading...
some of EJ posts have hit the nail on the head...seems to be very much illegal because of greed & corruption of the big corporations...who buy some govts...VERY SAD...
GREED WILL DESTROY US ALL IN THE END...NOT the natural herb cannabis...actually it could well save the ecology & environment of our planet from becoming more polluted...read this book...if you are really interested in learning the facts on why MJ is illegal...it is an amazing account...
peace to all...
jemelsa...

Originally posted by jemelsa:
seems to be very much illegal because of greed & corruption of the big corporations...who buy some govts...VERY SAD..
thats retarded. if it had anything to do with greed it would be LEGAL. the illegal drug industry makes BILLIONS. the government and private industry could grossly expand their profits by manufacturing/growing drugs.
if drugs were legal, and companies tried to get everyone using, THAT would be corruption and greed.

All I have to say to the people who think that drug money hasn't HIGHLY corrupted the political system is one name:
Catherine A. Fitts
More to come later, when I have the energy to write it.

Originally posted by PiLL_PiMP:
I want weed to stay illegal. That way organized crime, something which I am a part of, will continue to make easy money off it. If it were legalized, the god damn government would take the business away from us gang members.
you are a fucking moron, i'm surprised you know how to turn on your computer.
i know no flames are allowed but i just had to post that.
marijuana illegality stems from prejudice and racism, something our country will never be cured of.

ok, i'm gunna cop alot of flack on this but hey... go for it, your gunna disagree with my points anyway, so i'm not gunna be cut if you guys disagree with what i have to say. Feel free to refute my points !
I reckon it should be illegal because if it WAS legal, MJ would be EVERYWHERE. Even though it's easily accessable now, imagine what it would be like if it was available in tobacco shops, clubs, pubs. People would be constantly smoking the stuff.. "I'll have a choof before work.. i'll be right". You'd go to a club and it'd be filled with a haze of cigarette and pot smoke (i've seen how tiny clubs can be).
Well thats what i imagine what it would be like. Little kids would be walking down the street with they're olds and passers by would be smoking a joint.. i wouldldn't want my kids anywhere near the stuff, and if it was legal, what could you do about it? And i know alot of you are responsible with your stuff, how you take it, where, and around who, alas there are alot of irresponsible and stupid people out there, i can just see kids being around it with out even knowing what it is.
People will build up they're tolerance level to MJ, just like alcohol, you drink every week and eventually 5 JD's won't get you drunk anymore but 7 will.. then 8, 9, 10.. same thing with pot. People will be buying more of it and smoking alot more of it, just because they can. We'd have heavy stoners.
Also i've seen people get stoned just from being around the stuff, they sit around the stuff for 5 minutes and they're stoned.. and they don't even smoke pot at all. People would be passivly stoned.
Well, i have more points but i'm not going to go into them now.

Dacocks is a fucktard. Me thinks he should not talk. Me thinks people like him killed Jesus and voted for hubart humphrey.
haha

Originally posted by Dr. J:
So, if you would feel comfortable with your commercial airline pilot, or your kids' bus driver getting ripped the night before work, then more power to you.
i don't think that argument can be used in the defense of keeping mj illegal. alcohol is currently legal. would you feel comfortable with your commercial airline pilot, or your kids' bus driver getting drunk the night before work?
i take your point about the length of the effects but i know that most people feel much better after a night on pot than a night out drinking.
alasdair

I noticed not too many people here think it should be illegal. I have mixed feelings about this subject. Don't get me wrong I love to smoke my bud (when i actually get it around this bullshit area) but in the end, should it really be legal? Contrary to whatever you wanna believe, weed does make you amotivational (i think that is the word, where you lose motivation) Yeah alcohol is worse, but is actually GOOD for you if used moderately. Weed does help relieve stress, yeah, a couple of beers can too (but who doesn't enjoi both?). I heard someone describe pot perfectly, and that is that is makes being bored fun. And that can be a bad thing. If it were legal people would not worry about the law therefore smoke more. Anyways I think weed should stay illegal, since if it were legal there would be even more potheads than there already are, and good ol USA would get ever lazier (and fatter from them munchies haha), I just think the laws should be lessened more.
[ 14 January 2003: Message edited by: phuqinu ]

^^ Are you saying that this would only happen to Americans? Because, as far as I know, it hasn't happened in The Netherlands.

I think the real question to be asked is not whether weed should be legal, but should so many people be going to jail, paying money in fines, and having a criminal record simply because they choose to put a chemical in their body?
I can't believe anyone could support marijuana being illegal. They say that it would be easier to get if it was legal. That's hard to believe, I'm 18 and I can get pharmacopia of drugs in minutes, however it's always a much harder task to get alcohol. And marijuana prohibition has such a big corporate backing it's disturbing. Anheiser-busch (sp?) and Johnson & Johnson gives contributions to the Partnership to a Drug-free America, looks like they're trying to kill competition. A lot of the hypocrasy isn't even about the psychoactive pot either, hemp is another illegitimately out lawed substance. Hemp has a faster growing period, makes stronger fiber, and does less damage to the soil the cotton, and can make more paper than wood acre for acre, the timber and cotton industries must have and interest in hemp prohibition as well.
The fact is, there is not a single claim the government has made that has been true about marijauna.
For furthur info, I suggest everyone check out http://www.drugwarfacts.org

To all of the people who think everyone would be walking around high all day, just ask your self if people walk around drunk all day. The answer is yes, they're called alcoholics. I don't drink every day even though I can walk one block and buy any type of alcohol I desire.
If we spent a small portion of the money we use on the drug war for treatment programs, guaranteed there would be less drug addiction in this country. So someone wants to be an unmotivated stonner all day, who the fuck cares? There not affecting me unless they are collecting wellfare or something. Thats an entierly different issue. Bottom line is this: more lazy stoners means less competition in the market place for everyone else.
Legalize it, decriminalize it, and I the motivated stoner will advertise it.
peace

Im always amazed by people that think a drug can dictate a persons actions, that they have no free-will when under the _influence_. Its a strange thing.