• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why Loperamide works for some people's withdrawals, and not for others

Fresco

Bluelighter
I believe I have figured out why loperamide works for some people to eliminate withdrawal, and not for others. The answer is very simple, its all in how much loperamide you take.

I had a codeine addiction for my bad lower back, and if you take enough loperamide you can completely eliminate withdrawal, and not feel a damn thing.

This is just a rough idea of how much you should be taking based on my experience:

500 mg codeine a day addiction: I estimate 10 to 15 mg every 4 to 6 hours.
Oxycodone addiction: 30 to 50 mg every 4 to 6 hrs.
Heroin addiction: 50 to 100 mg every 4 to 6 hrs.

These are just estimates on my part, it will vary from person to person. You need to play around with it to get the right dosage. And obviously if you're not going through WD's and dont have tolerance, then please dont try this.

This guy took loperamide for oxycontin WD's and he took around 100 mg spread out over a day (you'll have to excuse the way he talks):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVBLvitvG_A

And its virtually impossible to OD from loperamide. I scanned this his label from a medical book I have:

loperamide.jpg

Anyways, good luck people. Let me know how it goes.

I really hope I can help some people with this thread :)

You'd think the constipation 50mg+ of loperamide would cause would hurt more than opiate withdrawal.

You'd think the constipation 50mg+ of loperamide would cause would hurt more than opiate withdrawal
Yeah, I forgot to mention you should take a spoonful of mineral oil twice a day just to keep the plumbing going. But you're right, you wont be doing my pooping probably (even with the laxatives).

Maybe its best to eat as much soup and light food as possible

Helped me out a lot... just have to space out the doses a little bit more I think. I was taking 30 mg once a day.

Helped me out a lot... just have to space out the doses a little bit more I think. I was taking 30 mg once a day.
My thread helped you out you mean?? Or were you familiar with mass-dosing loperamide before??

you should not take loperamide every 4-6 hours. It has an exceptionally long duration of effects making it perfect for once-daily administration which also serves to mitigate the constipation as well. With the right dose, you can reduce or eliminate all of the withdrawal symptoms and still be able to have bowel movements regularly. It takes 2+ hours to fully kick in so a lot of people take it, do not wait long enough and then take more and think they require more than they actually do.

Youre telling me you took 400mg of lope in 1 day?...Or are you telling me you think others should be taking "400-600mg of lope a day"?

Your "rough estimates" are garbage I'm sorry to say lol.

Please please please, NEVER TAKE 50-100mg of lope every 4-6 hours, even if you were IV'ing 100mg of opana a day...That is an obscene number. You wont OD in the sense you're thinking...what you CAN get is an impacted/obstructed bowel, which is a very big deal and can be fatal in a day. Somehow you prided yourself on reading the label, where it says UNLIKELY to threaten life (not impossible) which is no where near what youre claiming ("its 100% safe!"), hence why it says 'unlikely' not 'impossible' and still tells you to call poison control and the ER?

Idk why everyone has this obsession with taking giant doses of lope...just like any other drug TAKE AS LITTLE AS NECESSARY! Titrate your way up, dont just jump in the deep end of 600mg of lope/day...

And as for you "figuring out why lope works for some and not others" you have done nothing of the sort. This thread is just a random guess at amounts of lope to take for different opiates, not any sort of biological, chemical, or even LOGICAL addressing of the threads title.

Last edited:
Lope doesn't really do shit for my withdrawals...just keeps me from having to run to the shitter every 30 minutes lmao...hell...I just say fuck it these days and "enjoy" taking a shit more often than once a week lmfao...only thing (narcotics/prescription drugs aside) that helps me with withdrawals are DXM, dimenhydrinate, and diphenhydramine...any bit of CNS depression helps me...

Just to let you know, it doesnt work for everyone. When i was coming off methadone and having extremely severe withdrawls even if i took huge amounts of lope all it did was ease my stomach a bit. And when you are detoxing this hard, you dont have to worry about the high-dose lope makin you not shit for a week. I was taking high doses and still shitting multiple times a day with my habit. I really just think it works for some people; it also depends on the habit. Maybe if i had a much smaller habit of say 80 mg of oxy or less it might have takin my withdrawals away completely but i dont think so.

It works for me! I'm absolutely astounded! I'm on day 9 of running out of my Suboxone and I feel NORMAL! What a complete life saver!

If you are coming off a really big habit or a potent opioid(like methadone, or oxymorphone) it helps to start taking it before WD really sets in, like as soon as you start feelin ANY WD take 12mg every hour, and after 4-6 hours up it to 24mg if absolutely needed, and if that isn't working wait like 6 hours then take 60mg. And if that doesn't help just forget it.

It's a lot harder for lope to work if you are already in full blown WD.

It should be noted that loperamide can cause a heart problems when taken excessively. Be safe everyone!

I have been taking loperamide for about a year. I eat approx. 200 daily. I shit just fine. It keeps me as high or higher than herion. Also makes my eyes cross to the point that my depth perception is shit, and I can barely drive or complete normal tasks that invole seeing. I also get really intense nightmares. But those are the worst of the side effects and it is well worth the extreme high im constantly in. Lopes also saved my life from expensive heroin. I U-scan cheap ibuprofen and throw Lopes in the bag; getting my bottles for 88cents each. The struggle is real!

I have been taking loperamide for about a year. I eat approx. 200 daily. I shit just fine. It keeps me as high or higher than herion. Also makes my eyes cross to the point that my depth perception is shit, and I can barely drive or complete normal tasks that invole seeing. I also get really intense nightmares. But those are the worst of the side effects and it is well worth the extreme high im constantly in. Lopes also saved my life from expensive heroin. I U-scan cheap ibuprofen and throw Lopes in the bag; getting my bottles for 88cents each. The struggle is real!

Lope is cardio-toxic and has killed BL's. You should look into Q-T elongation / Torsades de Pointes. I've read more than a few posts similar to yours but never anyone who thought it was worth it and did not regret the abuse. I hope you can find a way out that doesn't require a pacemaker.