• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Why is the Coca leaf only grown in the South America Andes mountains?

Boku_

Bluelighter
How come opium Poppy's can be grown in Afghanistan, Burma, Mexico and Columbia but the Coca leaf is only grown in Peru, Bolivia and Columbia?

What's the reason cocaine can't be produced in the same regions as heroin and marijuana??

Coca grows best in humid/wet equatorial conditions of relatively high altitudes (usually around 2000ft about sea level or above, though generally not much more than a mile above sea level). Thus, it mostly grows in the geographical areas that can offer these conditions....which are few...

I was wondering this exact same thing the other day
why is it that Mexico Imports almost exclusively tar? where does the white come from exactly? I mean obviously it's called China White but is that where it comes from? Why is that an East Coast thing?

I was wondering this exact same thing the other day
why is it that Mexico Imports almost exclusively tar? where does the white come from exactly? I mean obviously it's called China White but is that where it comes from? Why is that an East Coast thing?

Mexican tar is produced through a half-assed heroin cook in which an only slightly refined opium is acetylated without reflux and using weak acetylating agents like glacial acetic acid (instead of acetic anhydride). Heroin from south america, the middle east and asia is usually produced with reflux and acetic anhydride. China white is an ambiguous term and sometimes refers to synthetic opioids like fentanyl and the many derivatives or in the past referred to a highly pure heroin #4.

Coca grows best in humid/wet equatorial conditions of relatively high altitudes (usually around 2000ft about sea level or above, though generally not much more than a mile above sea level). Thus, it mostly grows in the geographical areas that can offer these conditions....which are few...

I think the high altitude is the biggest factor. I don't think you could maintain a coca plant in say Florida. Thinner air was the reason I was given. I have to wonder if coca could be grown anywhere else. Maybe the Himalayas? (not serious lol)

Last edited:
High altitude is required. You can grow Coca in most altitudes but I’ve heard alkaloid content is stronger when grown higher up.

-GC

i'll figure out a way to grow it in canada and become king zonxx, dont you guys worry

I suspect the secret is a relatively cool climate with equatorial sunshine and lots of moisture. You can get the sun at lower elevations but it would be too hot and burn up the plant. I suppose in the right kind of greenhouse with an over sized AC (cools but doesn't dehumidify) it might work but I think you need a lot of plants to get a little paste.