• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Why is snorting the only way i can get high?

SnortingOnly

Greenlighter
I will occasionally indulge in crystal meth and have tried every method except for plugging. When i first started using I would mostly shoot or smoke it. Shooting it felt awesome and smoking it would more often than not give me a mellow and unexciting high..at least it use to. Lately i've been using a pipe and doing hot rails but it just doesn't get me like it use to. I'll feel wired instead of high and sometimes i'll actually feel depressed. Today though i snorted a couple fat lines and it gave me that uppity feeling that smoking just doesn't do for me. I'm curious as to why this might be. Why is it that snorting crystal meth gets me high and lasts longer versus smoking or hot railing which barely does anything for me anymore.

Your personal chemistry may have something to do with it. It might work for you now, but in the long run, it may cause tolerance issues, not to mention irratation of your sinuses and throat due to the caustic nature of the substance.

It's always been my experience that snorting gives a longer lasting effect and stronger "body buzz" type high than smoking, which gives more of a headrush effect.

Maybe it hits you too quickly with other ROAs. Insufflating you'd expect it to last a little longer than IV or vaporising as well. Have you tried oral dosing, maybe that would also feel good.

Different ROAs have different effects. Put the pipe down for a while and switch up your ROA. Try putting some under your tongue if you can handle the taste.

it could be the whole ritual of prepping the table and racking up and rolling a note and stuff that's giving you a rush now as opposed to the drug itself... just a thought?

Snorting...8)

If you think of that, you simply applying a powder straight to your brain's tissues when snorting, as the olfactory bulbs that suppose to define smells are actually parts of the brain and they send direct signals for processing (simply speaking).

So it is a very efficient way to get high but also it will ruin a huge part of your perception for a long time (olfactory plays a HUGE role in our behavior), as well as directly introducing all the chems you snort right to your brain's tissues.

im inclined to agree with keeping here. it could well be its just the ritual thats giving you a rush. also sounds like your tolerance is rising... maybe time for a break to lower it

People who IV sometimes get so hooked on the actual act of using a syringe that they will inject pure water in the absence of drugs. Seems like many IV buperenorphine users do it for that reason aswell seeing as IV use doesnt really do much for bupe. Then again, I wouldnt know personally (never hit the needle).