• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why Is MDMA As Special As It Is / What is love?

Jayess

Greenlighter
I wanted to make this thread not only to share my personal experiences but to also see if I can relate to other people's experiences. I am at a stage in my life where I've not been able to feel the magic for so long that the memory of how it used to feel is so vague, but nonetheless I will always know that it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life.

- I can remember something 'different' start to happen in my head when it first started to kick in. From that point on it was just a rushy feeling; I felt light and as if my skin completely changed texture. It was such a out of reality type journey
- I remember just feeling as if everything I was ever bothered about didn't matter. All my self doubts, insecurities, negative opinions about myself were completely void. Sounds pretty sad but for the first time there was just complete acceptance of what I was and my feeling towards myself and everyone else was just warmth
- All my unique interests and the things that made me different, where I was, who I was with and why I was the person I was finally made sense, and it was perfect how it was. No one had an ego or anything to prove. I truly belonged in that environment, I adored it and I felt amazing that I finally found where I was supposed to be
- My life was a mess at the time and I was a person with such low self esteem, but at that moment there was just compassion and peace towards myself.

I don't know whether the feelings I experienced were definitely love, but nothing has came close to giving me that intrinsic feeling towards myself.

What would your description of the MDMA feeling be? How would you liken it to love? And what would you say love actually is?

Love is oxytocin which MDMA does stimulate the release of but it mostly increases serotonin flow which is said to control mood and the motivation to live. Love isn't really the primary effect of MDMA but probably the funnest. That being said, I have pure MDMA and had a bad trip 2/3 times I took it because I wasn't in that perfect, comfortable mood. If I had insecurities and self-doubts crawling in my brain, MDMA would make that worse, not make it disappear like it apparently did for you.

Ive also had bad trips on MdMA, it can make you extremely depressed once the euphoria begins to fade

Can't say I've ever had a bad time on mdma and I've been using since 2004
Love the fact that mdma allows me to love me, allows me to accept me and how I am.
Then I can just love everybody else too.
Space out your rolls and the magic will last forever.

MDMA is euphoria on euphoria. Euphorienception. It's always fun. Not as fun as trippin balls buts it's good stuff:)

What is love?
Baby, don't hurt me. Don't hurt me.
No more!

How often do you roll, augustaB?

These days about twice a year.

In some ways mdma is better than love. While you are high love is, you are love and you just have to express it.

I can't have your patience, but I do get what you mean. I wish I was more normal so I could feel even more loved up, but mdma has certainly made me feel happier than I've never been, the one time I did not have a bad trip that is. That nice afterglow that lasted 3 days, ahh... I hate people but I love love. :) Most beautiful feeling in the world. I will never forgive the world for not having enough of it.

Well I'm now 71 and patience is something you develop as you go through life.

You're 71 years old? Holy fuck. You were how old when mdma was first out? How did you even get the nerve to start trying it? I'm 25 and I don't ever try anything new, lol.

Yes, but it quit working for Ann, who used it non-stop when writing the narrative of PiHKAL.