• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Why is it said that modafinil isn't soluble ?

coriolis

Bluelighter
It says everywhere that modafinil is virtually insoluble in anything ingestible. But this patent (https://patents.google.com/patent/US6919378B2/en) says: "...A mixture of 95 mL of PEG-400 and 5 ml of benzyl alcohol was stirred at room temperature until homogeneous. To a separate container, 0.1 gram of modafinil was weighed and 1 mL of the mixed solvent was added with stirring and heating to 55-60° C. The solution was allowed to cool to room temperature and any undissolved solid was removed by filtering the solution. In the case of a viscous solution or a solution that solidifies at room temperature, warming until a freely flowing solution was obtained and then filtration gave a solution free of particulate matter.
The solubility of modafinil was 61 mg/ml, as measured by HPLC..." Does this mean that if someone gets the chemical modafinil and swallows such a solution, they will get the effectiveness of a pharmaceutical-prepared tablet? My recollection is that in the past, modafinil could be obtained in the form of fairly large crystals or powder, but was not effective when ingested.

modafinil could be obtained in the form of fairly large crystals or powder, but was not effective when ingested.
That's cuz it simply doesn't work for some. I've only tried one or two tablets and got no effects beyond what could be contributed to placebo. I was told some got great effects from those while some also got none.
Trust me that crystals dissolve in your stomach.

I took modafinil for the first time in 2007 and even then there were two Indian pharmaceutical companies that produced it cheaply: Sun Pharma and HAB Pharma. The modafinil tablets from Sun Pharma (Modalert) were effective and great, but the tablets from HAB Pharma were completely ineffective and made one rather sick. Nowadays, I observe that even Sun Pharma can no longer make modafinil products properly and today's Modalert, Artvigil, Waklert, Modafil etc. are absolutely worthless rubbish that at most make one terribly sick. It really depends on how Modafinil is pharmaceutically processed to be absorbed and work properly. It's a shame that it's virtually impossible to get modafinil made by a reputable pharmaceutical company and the market has been flooded with harmful shit like Modalert etc.

That's cuz it simply doesn't work for some. I've only tried one or two tablets and got no effects beyond what could be contributed to placebo. I was told some got great effects from those while some also got none.
Trust me that crystals dissolve in your stomach.
Exactly. I recently bought some adrafinil to help me on off days with my prescribed vyvanse and it does absolutely nothing for me at all. Perhaps even makes me feel depressed kinda odd but not too unusual with reuptake inhibitors for me. Some I can take but most cause symptoms like these in me and I got no wakefulness - nothing at all aside from the depression.

I thought I got bunk but then my wife tried a low dose (150mg which should equal about 50mg modafinil) and it absolutely worked for her. So yeah, I just think some people it works for and some doesn’t.

I note that the melting point of modafinil (recrystalized from methanol) is 164-166°C compared to 172.4°C for methamphetamine which suggests that it is at least technically possible to smoke the compound.

Now I would suggest that if one ventures much above it's melting point, modafinil is likely not too stable but it would be an interesting (if smelly) experience. I note smelly because the only people I know of who attempted to synthesize the compound gave up because the odour of the intermediates was... indescribably vile.

Exactly. I recently bought some adrafinil to help me on off days with my prescribed vyvanse and it does absolutely nothing for me at all. Perhaps even makes me feel depressed kinda odd but not too unusual with reuptake inhibitors for me. Some I can take but most cause symptoms like these in me and I got no wakefulness - nothing at all aside from the depression.

I thought I got bunk but then my wife tried a low dose (150mg which should equal about 50mg modafinil) and it absolutely worked for her. So yeah, I just think some people it works for and some doesn’t.
I thought it's maybe so cuz of some kind of perma-tolerance to stims but friend who only uses coke now and than and only tired amphs few times also didn't feel nothing. Tho it might be that even his use was enough to make effect unperceivable?
When I first tried ephedrine few hundred mg made me high as fuck. With some weed it was better than street amphs I had opportunity to try up to that moment. Same dose second time wasn't nearly as impressive but still worked. I contribute initial fantastic high to fact that come-up really reminded to strong stim/ephatogen and coupled with some weed made for a good time.
After I had my share with various strong stims and emphatogens now I hardly get any effects from ephedrine. Tho I really need to try it for potentiating opiates.

It still seems kind of weird to me. Years ago I tried many modafinil tablets from different manufacturers and also pure modafinil. The effects varied widely and the chemically pure, unmodified, modafinil was not effective at all. Just to be sure, I will try to get a prescription for modafinil sold in the West and from a reputable pharmaceutical company. If even that doesn't work as amazingly and wonderfully as it used to, I'll have to admit that I've changed somehow.

Eh, I have modafinil crystals which I'm having to consume daily atm due to amp shortage. They work the same as every other form of modafinil I've ever taken over the decades :shrug:

Typical that as soon as the patents on modafinil were about to lapse, armodafinil was 'discovered' to be more effective.

I have always wondered how researchers arrived at the modafinil scaffold. It seems such an unlikely avenue of research. But then I am reminded that it was a group of French researchers and no question, they do find some fascinating compounds, often really unexpected ones. I suspect that their may be a lot of French-language research that they draw on that those whose whose ability in the language are excluded from.

Eh, I have modafinil crystals which I'm having to consume daily atm due to amp shortage. They work the same as every other form of modafinil I've ever taken over the decades :shrug:

Who the fuck ever owned modafinil crystals; I'm incredibly envious. =D <3 x

• Haha
Reactions: CFC
Who the fuck ever owned modafinil crystals; I'm incredibly envious. =D <3 x

oh you know me, i need to have a healthy stock of everything, then never use it to make sure it lasts forever. the moda is at least 15-20 years old from back in the day before china started selling pcb-enriched salt for substrate

I note smelly because the only people I know of who attempted to synthesize the compound gave up because the odour of the intermediates was... indescribably vile.

pure moda does taste indescribably vile :sick: