• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Why is amphetamine oral roa so euphoric, unlike the rest?

Lendy

Bluelighter
What makes amphetamines feel incredibly euphoric when taken orally? I only snorted for a long time, but when I first tried oral amphetamine, I was delighted. It turns out I almost did not experience euphoria at all from nasal application. The sublingual was less harsh than the nasal but not as smooth as the oral and made me feel detached. Oral acts like a completely different drug. I just feel manic while sniffing, going from slightly elevated to dysphoric throughout the effect. Orally, almost immediately, a feeling of euphoria begins to grow within 1-2 hours, this is amazing. Before my eyes, the world was changing, I could not even believe in the reality of what was happening, because it happened for a long time and intensively, there seemed to be no limit to the limit of euphoria, because repeated dosages increased the growth of effects. The rest of the ROA makes me detached, the stimulation is forced, and the motivation is not targeted. The almost complete absence of euphoria, the inferiority of the effect and the constant desire to repeat the dosage.
What the hell makes oral amphetamine use divine? Is it the same with methamphetamine?

Seems like you're talking about amphetamine or perhaps d-amphetamine.

In either case (racemic or otherwise), my guess is that the reason why amphetamine isn't particularly euphoric when sniffed/plugged has to do with the adrenergic nature of the drug (compared to methamphetamine). Amphetamine is around three times more potent of a norepinephrine releasing agent as it is a releaser of dopamine, and releases negligible amounts of serotonin (unless taken in massive amounts). Methamphetamine is more balanced, being around 2x as potent a NE releasing agent as its a DA releasing agent, and very importantly, unlike amphetamine, it is a pretty effective serotonin releasing agent (especially at high doses).

This means that taking amphetamine through modes of administration that produce rapid peaks in blood levels (like when snorted or plugged) results in a significant and not especially pleasurable release of norepinephrine. And unlike methamphetamine, which is also a powerful norepinephrine releasing agent, the edge is not smoothed out with a comforting and calming release of serotonin.

When taken orally this release of norepinephrine occurs more gradually, and the dopamine release is more sustained.

I guess more simply put, amphetamine's norepinephrine release outweighs it's dopamine release, which can make it a white knuckle affair when plugged/snorted.

Похоже, вы говорите об амфетамине или, возможно, д-амфетамине.

В любом случае (рацемическом или ином) я предполагаю, что причина, по которой амфетамин не вызывает особенной эйфории при вдыхании/затыкании, связана с адренергической природой наркотика (по сравнению с метамфетамином). Амфетамин примерно в три раза сильнее высвобождающего норэпинефрин агента, так как он высвобождает дофамин и высвобождает незначительное количество серотонина (если не принимать в больших количествах). Метамфетамин более сбалансирован, будучи примерно в 2 раза более мощным агентом, высвобождающим норадреналин, чем его агент, высвобождающий дофамин, и, что очень важно, в отличие от амфетамина, он является довольно эффективным агентом, высвобождающим серотонин (особенно в высоких дозах).

Это означает, что прием амфетамина через способы введения, которые вызывают быстрые пики уровня в крови (например, при вдыхании или закупорке), приводит к значительному и не особенно приятному высвобождению норадреналина. И в отличие от метамфетамина, который также является мощным агентом, высвобождающим норадреналин, край не сглаживается успокаивающим и успокаивающим высвобождением серотонина.

При пероральном приеме это высвобождение норадреналина происходит более постепенно, а высвобождение дофамина более устойчиво.

Я думаю, проще говоря, выброс норадреналина амфетамина перевешивает выброс дофамина, что может сделать его белоснежным, когда его затыкают / вдыхают.
Still, I take my words back. They are just two different types of euphoria. Oral gives a longer, stable and soft plateau, does not remove you from the human essence. Parenteral methods (at least intranasal) take you into the world of tunnel vision. This makes it possible to completely step back from reflection, self-awareness and become part of what your brain pays attention to. I think these two ways go well together - combining the effects of parenteral / non-parenteral, leveling the parenteral plateau - an immediate decrease after ingestion is compensated by an increase in oral intake. And so on...

negrogesic said:
Похоже, вы говорите об амфетамине или, возможно, д-амфетамине.

В любом случае (рацемическом или ином) я предполагаю, что причина, по которой амфетамин не вызывает особенной эйфории при вдыхании/затыкании, связана с адренергической природой наркотика (по сравнению с метамфетамином). Амфетамин примерно в три раза сильнее высвобождающего норэпинефрин агента, так как он высвобождает дофамин и высвобождает незначительное количество серотонина (если не принимать в больших количествах). Метамфетамин более сбалансирован, будучи примерно в 2 раза более мощным агентом, высвобождающим норадреналин, чем его агент, высвобождающий дофамин, и, что очень важно, в отличие от амфетамина, он является довольно эффективным агентом, высвобождающим серотонин (особенно в высоких дозах).

Это означает, что прием амфетамина через способы введения, которые вызывают быстрые пики уровня в крови (например, при вдыхании или закупорке), приводит к значительному и не особенно приятному высвобождению норадреналина. И в отличие от метамфетамина, который также является мощным агентом, высвобождающим норадреналин, край не сглаживается успокаивающим и успокаивающим высвобождением серотонина.

При пероральном приеме это высвобождение норадреналина происходит более постепенно, а высвобождение дофамина более устойчиво.

Я думаю, проще говоря, выброс норадреналина амфетамина перевешивает выброс дофамина, что может сделать его белоснежным, когда его затыкают / вдыхают.

Negrogesic in Russian?

What makes amphetamines feel incredibly euphoric when taken orally? I only snorted for a long time, but when I first tried oral amphetamine, I was delighted. It turns out I almost did not experience euphoria at all from nasal application. The sublingual was less harsh than the nasal but not as smooth as the oral and made me feel detached. Oral acts like a completely different drug. I just feel manic while sniffing, going from slightly elevated to dysphoric throughout the effect. Orally, almost immediately, a feeling of euphoria begins to grow within 1-2 hours, this is amazing. Before my eyes, the world was changing, I could not even believe in the reality of what was happening, because it happened for a long time and intensively, there seemed to be no limit to the limit of euphoria, because repeated dosages increased the growth of effects. The rest of the ROA makes me detached, the stimulation is forced, and the motivation is not targeted. The almost complete absence of euphoria, the inferiority of the effect and the constant desire to repeat the dosage.
What the hell makes oral amphetamine use divine? Is it the same with methamphetamine?

Amphetamine Sulphate was designed to be taken orally. It was originally an anti-obesity med (and is the actual miracle cure for weight loss people talk about, it just also makes you crazy...I had an old doctor who remembers that far back tell me "There were a LOT of very slim, completely psychotic, middle-aged women in the 60s and 70s").
Ever seen "Requiem for a Dream"? Amphetamine Sulphate is what was in her pills (apart from the "green one at night" which was a barbiturate).

Why does Amphetamine feel so good? I'm sorry to be so crass and simple, but, it's because it's Amphetamine. A teacher will teach, a preacher will preach and Amphetamine is gonna make you feel great. I'm not trying to be oppressive or anything, but I'm kind of thinking that there isn't a real Harm Reduction angle to this issue. It's more like a journal entry; a thought and experience with real value to you @Lendy but not something we can really discuss with any objectivity. Can I get a consensus from the rest of you guys on this matter before I make any changes?