• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Why is adderall considered a soft narcotic?

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
In general most people refer to adderall is a soft narcotic--unlike oxycodone or heroin being a hard narcotic.

I find the effects to be incredibly profound and heavy. Does anyone think that adderall has caused them adverse health side effects over a long period of time? I've only read about possible heart defects after prolonged heavy use especially in the elderly, but it doesn't make sense to me how methamphetamine is used to frequently by many addicts and they seem to avoid heart problems. So would Bluelighters state that adderall seems quite safe in general? I haven't noticed any physical or mental consequences thus yet from my usage, but I don't want to permanently damage my body or mind.

PS: I am definitely addicted to my script and refuse to dabble in methamphetamine or cocaine. I have heard rumors that beyond 100 milligrams of adderall there is a neurotoxic property to the larger doses. Can anyone confirm this notion whatsoever? Appreciated!

I don’t take Adderal but i do take defamfetamine which is viewed as similalry soft. However comparing a pharmaceutical dose of dex (5-10 mg) to recreational dose of meth (100 mg) is like chalk and cheese. The dex dose induces concentration and focus and makes me productive for about 4 hours while the meth dose makes me spun and horny for about 12 hours.

I think the hardness / softness question is dose dependent. 100 mg of dex would probably spin me and 5 mg meth would focus me.