• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Why don't I get a rush from Heroin?

Right I agree, when you have experienced the REAL rush like a large dose of hydromorphone or oxymorphone... Every other rush isn't shit.. I dont detect a true rush from Heroin.. Heroin is more of an ahhhh mmm warm i'm feeling good now feeling that comes to you when it hit's you.. PICTURE IT LIKE THIS: The "rush" from hydromorphone is like a frieght train hitting you blasting you for about 20 seconds and you "better" be sitting down.. It's more like whhooooaaahh then ahhhhh feel good now.. NOW heroin's "rush" is more like the drug is coming on very strong and you feel ahhhhhhhhhhhhh and feel good now..

Ok SO... I mixed up evenly the white Heroin and Dilaudid... Very interesting.. I actually thought it was very nice.. It's so weird you can feel them both working a little differently and created a Hybrid type of high.. Pretty good imo.. But I do not condone nor advocate anybody mixing drugs or do what I did. :\

I'm going to back up Effect on this 1.

I also, get VERY stimulated on opiates during the 'high' or 'rush'......
These opiates include-

-Methadone
-Oxycodone
-Hydrocodone
-Heroin
-Dilaudid
-Morphine

some others, like myself, and Effect react differently to those drugs.

ALL opiates get me stimulated..unless I add benzos in the mix.

Glad someone can back me up on this man. Like you said, you and I have VERY similar reactions to opiates haha. Sometimes its great to get that nice euphoric energy to power you through your task and in most cases I much prefer that type of rush and high rather than a sedating nod unless it's a really euphoric sedation which I find doesn't occur too often for me.

juststl; said:
Right I agree, when you have experienced the REAL rush like a large dose of hydromorphone or oxymorphone... Every other rush isn't shit.. I dont detect a true rush from Heroin.. Heroin is more of an ahhhh mmm warm i'm feeling good now feeling that comes to you when it hit's you.. PICTURE IT LIKE THIS: The "rush" from hydromorphone is like a frieght train hitting you blasting you for about 20 seconds and you "better" be sitting down.. It's more like whhooooaaahh then ahhhhh feel good now.. NOW heroin's "rush" is more like the drug is coming on very strong and you feel ahhhhhhhhhhhhh and feel good now..

In one of my earlier posts in this thread I'm pretty sure I said something very similar. Do I think heroin has the most intense rush by any means? No fucking way. Do I sometimes get batches of heroin where the rush is absolutely amazing with a perfect ratio of sheer intensity (like a coke rush or to compare to another opiate, intense in a similar way to hydromorphone has an intense rush for an opiate) combined with a strong pleasant sense of sheer euphoria. In my opinion the rush from an amazing batch of heroin is better than the rush from hydromorphone although I'm aware its hard to compare equivalent doses due to one being a pharmaceutical and one not.

Last edited:
I have a similar issue. My first ever opioid use was with IV Fentanyl, starting with a tiny 40mcg dose and quickly building to around 120mcg (within a week!).
Because of its increased dangers I thought I'd move to heroin instead before my dose got even higher - and expensive. Lol. No.

The Heroin rush (as in, that first wave of feelings that wash over you after you inject) is a bit like a gentle tap on your cheeks.
Fentanyl however, when dosed appropriately, is like being smacked in the face by a soft warm cushion; swung by your lover.
I was sorely disappointed in the H after experiencing the rush from Fent.
The relaxed/warm type feelings last longer on H which is nice, but it's that initial whoosh of 'fuuuck" that keeps me going back for more.

I'll try increasing the dose of Heroin to see if that helps at all, but I'm quite glad I haven't fallen for it.
I prefer the consistency of pharmaceuticals since I prefer to know exactly how much I'm using.

And I paid a shit tonne for this #4 China White rock stuff so I'm assuming its pretty up there RE quality.