• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why dont edibles work for me?

thebibbtybobbtyboo

Greenlighter
I've tried to get high from edibles dozens of times but they never work. Why? I have no health issues.

Also, I'm going to try to purchase THCA edibles tonight. I've heard that delta 9 edibles are converted to THCA in the liver. So will taking the THCA edibles work for me since I'm consuming it directly?

Delta 9 THC is the same thing as traditional THC. Eating a Delta 9 edible will give you the same results as eating a normal weed edible. As to why they don't effect you, well everyone is different. Some people have genetically high alcohol tolerances, some people have high cannabis tolerances. I've heard of this before, it's not that uncommon for people to be mostly unaffected by edibles. Unfortunately, if that's what you've been experiencing, Delta 9 will not be any different.

THCA needs heat to be activated? Im no expert so ill leave it there. Your tolerance is the problem, eat more mg of better edibles. Pace yourself.

I've tried to get high from edibles dozens of times but they never work. Why? I have no health issues.

Also, I'm going to try to purchase THCA edibles tonight. I've heard that delta 9 edibles are converted to THCA in the liver. So will taking the THCA edibles work for me since I'm consuming it directly?
do you get high off cannbis via other roa's? smoking? vaping?

This article explains it pretty well.

https://cannigma.com/physiology/why-edibles-dont-work-for-some-people/
From my understanding, genetics play a significant role metabolics and enzyme expression. Some people lack the enzymes that are required to metabolize THC taken orally. Also THCA edibles will not get you high, only decarboxylated THC is orally available. Eating THCA does feel really good, but it doesnt get you high.

This article explains it pretty well.

https://cannigma.com/physiology/why-edibles-dont-work-for-some-people/
From my understanding, genetics play a significant role metabolics and enzyme expression. Some people lack the enzymes that are required to metabolize THC taken orally. Also THCA edibles will not get you high, only decarboxylated THC is orally available. Eating THCA does feel really good, but it doesnt get you high.
Doesn't get you high but feels really good? What does it feel like then?

It has strong anti inflammatory properties, so pain is less intense. My uncle takes oral THCA everyday for his arthritis/lupis , he doesn't like getting high. He says without it he basically can't move his hands theres too much pain.

I dunno, its difficult to describe, but I just feel good when I take it orally.

d9THC is actually metabolized to 11-OH-THC by the liver, not THCa. Conversion of THCa to THC in vivo is minimal to the point of being moot but it does have some pharmacological properties on its own

What dose? Legal? All at once on a given try or kinda spread out Lastly, did you ever try titrating upwards, as in Day 1 5mg, Day 2 10mg, Day 3 15mg, day 4 20mg, etc

I'm gonna recommend either oral spray(sublingual) or water soluble drops. The latter can really be a punch to the noggin b/c they come on fast, as in 2 minutes+. Come in anywhere from 150mg to ~500mgs in a little bottle. That will hit almost all at once if you put the entire bottle in a glass of soda and slam that. I put ~30mg in non alcoholic IPAs.

Tom

I used to be like this for a few years, no amount of edibles would do anything to me. 300mg got me stoned but not dysfunctional. That would have most people passed out, throwing up or in the hospital lol. Some people are extremely sensitive to them, a friend of mine had 5mg and had a horrible time, throwing up, feeling anxious etc. I've never met anyone else who was that sensitive though.

I used to smoke 2-3 times a day when edibles didn't affect me, so if you smoke often enough I think your edible tolerance will be higher. Some people don't seem to experience this but I had a sudden T break after years and a few weeks later 25mg was able to get me insanely high. That dose still does it for me despite hitting a dab pen every night, smoking good weed on occasion with friends. Even when I smoked it was only like, 0.7g a day. That's nothing compared to most people, so having a really fast metabolism probably plays a role too. Probably increases the risk of first pass metabolism which I think is what's going on in cases like these.

Empty stomach is worse in that case and your stomach can break down the edible before your liver absorbs the newly formed 11-hydroxy-THC. I haven't had edibles on an empty stomach for awhile, maybe last summer but it was still like 5 hours after dinner, some people fast for edibles because either that's the only way they work for them or they think it's the best way. It's actually better to have a full stomach overall, it just takes longer to kick in. I can take one on empty and eat 30 minutes later and I'll start to get higher as I'm eating. Everyone's body reacts differently. Most people I know can get pretty high off 10mg, but it has to be at least 25-30mg for me to get really stoned.

They work for me sometimes and sometimes not..odd
I just ate 400mg(I have a high tolerance as I smoke daily.
Hope this is one of the times it works

They work for me sometimes and sometimes not..odd
I just ate 400mg(I have a high tolerance as I smoke daily.
Hope this is one of the times it works
Just to get it straight.......... 400mg of thc? Are they pre-made edibles?

Cos I get high af on 10% of that and am a 35+ year almost daily smoker

Yes pre-made. I took that much because the last time it worked for me I took 500mg

Yes pre-made. I took that much because the last time it worked for me I took 500mg
I have to say I seriously doubt the doses stated in these premade edibles. I've tried quite a few and have only ever once found that they hit the spot. My own homemade edibles however - hit the spot every single time

When you consider - 400mg thc is what you'd commonly find in 2g of decent weed/hash. 2g cannabis would make me 20 good edibles, or 10-15 very strong ones

Baffling!

I have to say I seriously doubt the doses stated in these premade edibles. I've tried quite a few and have only ever once found that they hit the spot. My own homemade edibles however - hit the spot every single time

When you consider - 400mg thc is what you'd commonly find in 2g of decent weed/hash. 2g cannabis would make me 20 good edibles, or 10-15 very strong ones

Baffling!
I agree with this, it's very possible that if they're coming from a state which requires potency testing that the lab is using GCMS and the product isn't even close to fully decarbed. From my personal experience in the industry, that is incredibly likely

Whenever I made my own edibles from flower or concentrate, taking 50mg in one dose kicked my ass when I was dosing 8-15mg multiple times per day every day. I absolutely do not trust those labels or the testing companies. I even had a rep from one testing company years ago in Cali tell me that GC was sufficient and I got into an argument with him over it. If you want to know your decarb ratio you need LC, there's no two ways about it

Baffling!
My friend whose a grower made them. I'm in Canada but i also don't trust the legal market. My guy has been growing for 30+ years so he's trust able. I'm definitely feeling it today, takes a while to kick in though