• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why don' psychedelic cause blurred vision?

NeoLid

Bluelighter
I read somewhere you get blurred vision on MDMA because of the pupil dilation, so my question is why don't psychedelics do the same? Every psychedelic I tried dilates my pupils as much as MDMA, in sooe cases like 25B-NBome even more. But I never had blurry vision on them. So is what I read wrong or is there more to it?

They do, you probably just don't notice because your brain is on sensory overload and filling in the blurry parts with crisp hallucinations. Personally though no psychedelic comes even close to dilating my eyes as much as MDMA, so I don't really get it much.

I think it's nystagmus rather than mydriasis that causes the blurred vision on MDMA.

I do get blurred vision off high dose LSD and 2C-E.

My vision is better when i'm on acid, actually, it's like comparing a 1080p HD television, to an 90s tube tv

I've been wondering about this kind of thing lately. I've noticed that some psychedelics seem to make my vision more crisp, and some seem to make it fuzzier. 5-MeO-MiPT, 2C-T-2 and 2C-T-7 made my vision fuzzier, more difficult to focus. LSD makes it more crisp for sure (like 3D IMAX super enhancement). I think mushrooms and 2C-E make my vision more crisp, but I can't quite remember.

I suspect the blurriness with 5-MeO-MiPT, 2C-T-2 and 2C-T-7 is due to some nystagmus but I can't be quite sure.

You guys ever taken 500mcg+?

Lower doses of LSD definitely make my vision crisper but I do notice a little blurriness if I take a lot of it (similar to what I'd get off 15-20mg diazepam).

You guys ever taken 500mcg+?

Lower doses of LSD definitely make my vision crisper but I do notice a little blurriness if I take a lot of it (similar to what I'd get off 15-20mg diazepam).

The highest dose I've taken of lsd was supposed to be 400ug, but who knows how much it really was. It enhanced my night vision for sure, but it was mostly in the dark, so hard to tell if edges etc were blurrier.

Most of my lsd experiences have been 1/2 to 2 tabs that are usually purported to be 100ug, but are more likely to be say 70ug. I think I usually get pretty crisp vision from these doses, but I'll have to pay more attention.

Shrooms and acid seem to enhance vision, 2cb on the other hand definitely made things blurry in a similar way to MDMA...