• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Why does tramadol affects me stronger than hydrocodone?

Socalcyc88

Greenlighter
Starting off i am not naive to opiates but I don't use often enough to get a tolerance. But for some reason hydrocodone doesn't really affect me. But when I took a 100mg tramadol as prescribed I felt it much greater then hydrocodone. In my prior experience with hydrocodone I've taken up to 40mg and barely felt anything. If anyone knows why this is please respond because I am curious.

Could be the serotonergic lift from Tramadol. Do you feel more overtly intoxicated from Tramaol or just . . . better?

(BTW, from an HR standpoint you should not make a habit of tramadol unless you're prepared to suffer debilitating withdrawals whose range of protracted effects far surpass hydrocodone.)

Moving this to Other Drugs, as it is not a trip report.

TR -> OD

same thing for me, tramadol is an amazing drug imo, and it makes my day splendid whenever i take 50-100 mgs of it. But hydrocodone, ive taken 30 mg of hydros, and felt nothing, maybe a little tired, but nothing. I honestly feel you bro, and friends who can experience hydros, say its pretty good

Could be the serotonergic lift from Tramadol. Do you feel more overtly intoxicated from Tramaol or just . . . better?

(BTW, from an HR standpoint you should not make a habit of tramadol unless you're prepared to suffer debilitating withdrawals whose range of protracted effects far surpass hydrocodone.)
Tramadol seems to make me feel warm and fuzzy and euphoric and just good. And I use it at max twice a month. Ive even took 400mg of codeine and felt nothing but slightly tired. It's just strange cause everyone says tramadol is very weak

same thing for me, tramadol is an amazing drug imo, and it makes my day splendid whenever i take 50-100 mgs of it. But hydrocodone, ive taken 30 mg of hydros, and felt nothing, maybe a little tired, but nothing. I honestly feel you bro, and friends who can experience hydros, say its pretty good
Ya I feel you bro, it's very strange!

Tramadol seems to make me feel warm and fuzzy and euphoric and just good. And I use it at max twice a month. Ive even took 400mg of codeine and felt nothing but slightly tired. It's just strange cause everyone says tramadol is very weak

It's odd why you would glean no effects from hydrocodone. And yeah, I've heard the same thing from many-a-people, re: tramadol being weak; if you (not referring to OP, just a general 'you') were to compare tramadol's effects to those of hard-hitting opiates/opioids, the intoxication is much subtler. But, speaking personally as someone who's tried most opiates/opioids from oxymorphone to heroin, a low dose of tramadol (no more than 100-150 mg) will put me in a motivated, pleasant mood, increase my socialbility, and keep me going for hours and hours. Some people respond fantastically to it, and it's hard not to want to make these li'l pills as a sort of "lifestyle drug" -- something to use to get through work and life everyday. It's far too tempting for me to use with any regularity, but yeah, they can be nice.

It's odd why you would glean no effects from hydrocodone. And yeah, I've heard the same thing from many-a-people, re: tramadol being weak; if you (not referring to OP, just a general 'you') were to compare tramadol's effects to those of hard-hitting opiates/opioids, the intoxication is much subtler. But, speaking personally as someone who's tried most opiates/opioids from oxymorphone to heroin, a low dose of tramadol (no more than 100-150 mg) will put me in a motivated, pleasant mood, increase my socialbility, and keep me going for hours and hours. Some people respond fantastically to it, and it's hard not to want to make these li'l pills as a sort of "lifestyle drug" -- something to use to get through work and life everyday. It's far too tempting for me to use with any regularity, but yeah, they can be nice.
It's very strange why i react this way but i guess everyone is different.