• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why does oral oxycodone last longer then oral?

Alien47

Bluelighter
I'm gonna apologize in advanced if this is in the wrong part of the forums, I wasn't sure exactly where this would belong. So if someone could move it pls if it doesn't belong here that would be nice, Thanks.

Anyways I was wondering why oral instant release oxycodone lasts longer then if it's snorted because oxycodone lasts about an hour snorted, but lest say if it take 30 mins for all the oxycodone to be absorbed when taken orally, after that 30 mins then u should still only have 1 hour till it wears off right making it the same duration as snorting right? But it doesn't it lasts much longer, and if it's because it actually releases over the course of say 2 hours, then it's not instant release. So if someone could pls answer this for me, I'm usually able to figure out why stuff like this is by myself as I know a good amount about the body, but this one stumped me. Im thinking that it's something simple that I just forgot about and when someone tells me I'm gonna have a "wow I'm retarded" moment lol.
Thanks for any responses, and again sry if this is in the wrong place.

It gets into the bloodstream quicker when snorted which not only means quicker onset but quicker to be biotransformed and eliminated.

And doesn't Oxycodone instant lasts much longer by nature? I use Oxynorm instant (Oxycodone for sublingual use, kicking in orally way more quick than Oxycodone instant, yet lasting up to 3 to 4 hrs.)...

I think you're equivocating your feeling of the oxycodone (meaning that you're confusing the duration of the drug for the feeling of the drug) and when you snort it, you get much more of a rush/euphoric feeling that lasts longer than when you take it orally and it's spread out longer in terms of duration. You are still "feeling it" (the oral oxy) but not like you do when you snort it so you might be confusing yourself and thinking it wore off when in reality you probably just got a bit of a tolerance going .
I hope that helps, I might be wrong though

It's a fairly universal rule. The faster the onset, the shorter the duration, the quicker withdrawal begins.

It's because if it hits you all at once it's all wearing off at the same time.

When you take it orally it takes awhile to fully get into your system. It has to go through the stomach, intestines, the liver, into the bloodstream and then into the brain. All this doesn't happen "instantly". When you snort it goes straight into the bloodstream because your sinuses are bathed in little blood vessels, which is why you get the high almost immediately. This is also, by the way, why smoking, shooting and snorted drugs tend to be highly addictive.