• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Pharmacology Why does my zopiclone tolerance never go back to 0

This thread contains discussion about a Pharmacology-related topic

paranoid android

Moderator: TDS
Staff member
I have been on zopiclone now for about 3 or 4 years. Along with it helping my insomnia and PTSD i also like abusing it. I take breaks though for about a week or 2 every month.

When i firest took zopiclone way back around 2002 1 was enough to put me for 8 solid hours. However when i learned you could abuse it years ago i did. However i wws taken off all benzos and opiates in the psych ward and had nothing. When i got out after 6 months my shrink was nice enough to prescribe some clonaz and then zopiclone. But even though it had been about a year since i took zopiclone it dint hit me nearly as hard as it did.

Maybe i should give up on abusing it and take it as prescribed

Yeah I've noticed that too. I used to love taking 7.5mg withd a good book but now it's 40mg, a bottle of wine and minging to a movie. It's lost its magic for sure.
Use as prescribed with the occasional small treat i recon.

Yeah I've noticed that too. I used to love taking 7.5mg withd a good book but now it's 40mg, a bottle of wine and minging to a movie. It's lost its magic for sure.
Use as prescribed with the occasional small treat i recon.

Ya thats what im trying to do now. 1 or 2 still helps sleep but to get high i need like 5 of the 7.5 mg pills and that only works like once or twice and then i have to take a break

If you take an appropriate medical dose, their isn't much withdrawal - after all, PTSD and zopiclone withdrawal are much the same.

Ya i try and keep it to 7.5mg or 15mg a night but everytime i get my cript ill take like 5 pills a night for 3 nights. Forget what the max medical dose is now. Even before i had ptsd i never had any symptoms of wd from it though.

All 3 are supposed to be selective a1b1y2 PAMs. They differ slightly but in essence they do the same thing.

Some people LOVE Z-drugs. I can only presume these are people who haven't sampled decent benzos - diclazepam was my favourite. It's a generational thing. Those who grew up with Quaalude/Mandrax didn't think much of benzo and people who LIKE being knocked down found methaqualone mild when compared to seconal, echlorvynol and such.

Sadly i have not had ludes or barbs as that was before my time. I would say the most euphoric benzo ive had by far is temazepam. Ive had iv valium and ativan and neither compated to just oral temaz. I do like zopiclone it just stops working after a few days

Everyone is different. Temazepam, diazepam and the like do nothing whatsoever for me. Pyrazolam is the most useful, dlclazepam is potent and long acting. Even 2mg of the latter is POTENT (like 30mg of diazepam) BUT as I say, we are all different.

Only tried methaqualone once but I did smoke it - amazing hit.

I was never a fan of diclazepam unless i took stupid doses, like 15mg, as I'm more of a Xanax/nitrazepam guy. Diclazepam is brilliant for withdrawal though. It's "there" without monging you out.
@paranoid android it's tolerance mate, and the first few days of taking 5x7.5mg isn't helping as I'm sure you know.
I like zopiclone (apart from that fucking taste, blarrrgh) and @Zopiclone bandit will attest to it being great snootered, and the taste pain somehow isn't that bad (wouldn't do it for fun without the psychoactive fx though!)

^ Omg you can snort it? Just thinking about the taste of that drip made me gag now. Still i may give it a shot sometime.

The weird thing is though my clonaz tolerance pretty much went back to zero. Would have though zopiclone would to but oh well

^ Omg you can snort it? Just thinking about the taste of that drip made me gag now. Still i may give it a shot sometime.

The weird thing is though my clonaz tolerance pretty much went back to zero. Would have though zopiclone would to but oh well
Seriously don’t, you will waste it. It’s short lived and not worth it.

unfortunately, tolerance to GABAA PAMs and agonists seems to be lifelong due to compensatory enhanced Synaptik strength in the glutamate system combined with very long-lasting epigenetic changes of the GABAA receptor subunit expressions. however, lifelong doesn’t mean irreversible as it is very likely that hitting certain ion channels, Transcription factors or other proteins could reverse those established effects. I strongly believe that strong synaptic LTP, analogous to that involved in learning and long-term memory formation is responsible for sedative/hypnotic tolerance. my advice to you, don’t abuse these drugs, The escalating tolerance and The many cognitive side-effects are not worth it in my opinion.

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but from my research I believe The following: GABAA acting sedative drugs Generally inhibit/Diminish all neurotransmitter systems in the CNS, both at the levels of presynaptic release and postsynaptic receptor signalling/Propagation. this explains the anxiolytic, amnestic, muscle relaxant and sedative affects which arise from decreased norepinephrine, ACh and glutamate etc. these are where the calming/mood stabilising effects also arise. however, there are some paradoxical exceptions that can occur because of drug dose or pharmacodynamic profile at certain GABAA receptors. dopamine is the example of greatest interest for this discussion as it is really what gives these drugs Their reinforcing, paradoxically stimulating and sometimes euphoric effects. this is because they can act to disinhibit dopaminergic neurons by inhibiting the GABAergic Neurons that normally restrain their activity. in tern, quite a lot of dopamine can be released into the nucleus accumbens and other brain areas producing pleasurable sensations and encoding reinforced response. extra glutamate released by a similar mechanism works too ingraine memories of that experience to make sure it is remembered.

It's true that now diazepam doesn't do much unless I take a LOT. Pyrazolam still works but I stick to clobazam.