• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Why does my lower back and sides always hurt after taking codeine phosphate ( little aches and slight shooting pains ) ?

chrisp1995

Bluelighter
Why does my lower back and sides always get little shooting pains and hurt a little bit when i take codeine phosphate

Are you using CWE to remove the acetaminophen? How much are you taking?

Are you using CWE to remove the acetaminophen? How much are you taking?
i don’t think codeine phosphate has acetaminophen in? they are just pure codeine i think google says maybe has abit of starch and i have 60 mg pills and have usually 4-6 a day

Random lower back/side pain can be a sign of something serious, like liver or kidney damage. Codeine is not known to cause this, however it CAN make preexisting liver problems even worse.

I would go to the doctor for this if it's consistent and/or repetitive. This is not a symptom of codeine, but likely something else. Codeine treats pain, it wouldn't normally cause it.

Random back/side pain can be a sign of something serious, like liver or kidney damage. Codeine is not known to cause this, however it CAN make preexisting liver problems even worse.

I would go to the doctor for this if it's consistent and/or repetitive. This is not a symptom of codeine, but likely something else.
Do you think it could be of codeine because i don’t take anything else other than that and don’t abuse alcohol or drugs apart from codeine phosphate really and what would you need a blood test to define the issue or something else?

Do you think it could be of codeine because i don’t take anything else other than that and don’t abuse alcohol or drugs apart from codeine phosphate really and what would you need a blood test to define the issue or something else?
No what you described is definitely not an acute effect of the codeine. There is something else going on. Could be minor, could be serious.

I sporadically get random shooting pains all around my torso. Not sure what causes it, maybe alcohol abuse, but they are infrequent maybe a few times per month. Has happened most of my life, but they only last a second or two then stop. They occur randomly and usually when I'm sober.

I also once had chronic and rather severe pain on the left side of my chest and back. Thought it was something serious, but turned out to be inflammation and muscle spasms and quickly went away with a prescription NSAID and muscle relaxers.

Either way, I suggest going to the doctor to get it checked out, better safe than sorry. Pains in the lower side/lower back like that are commonly known to be from liver or kidney issues.

I can guarantee you it's not a common or direct side effect of taking codeine or any opioid for that matter. Double check that your codeine pills do not contain acetaminophen or anything else, as the majority of codeine pills do contain them, especially OTC codeine.

Well..at least in my case, I have noticed if my tolerance has reached a certain point where my regular dose doesn't work well or if I completely run out(of course) I start withdrawal and one terrible side effect from withdrawal is aches and pains in my lower back...if I am on a binge of oxy upwards around 90- 120mg daily habit and then run low or ESPECIALLY when I run out, I definitely feel as if I am being physically assaulted in those areas.

Maybe take a day or 2 off to get your tolerance down a bit then dose a few and see if it continues? Otherwise the OG that posted above ^^^^ is very smart on all this and I would definitely take what he says into account!

And yeah it probably has acetaminophen in it I believe the 30mg pills have like 300mg's or 600mgs of acetaminophen.

Just Google the number or score, color, & shape to find out exactly what pill you have. This should help specify things.

thanks this is what they contained in each pill searched them u Each tablet contains . Each tablet contains 3.60mg lactose BP. For the full list of excipients, see section 6.1. then section 6.1 saysAlso contains lactose, magnesium stearate, maize starch, i hardly drink and i do work on construction sites heavy lifting scaffolding tubes and metal but still don’t really see why i would get these pains they are not constant pains they are like you said for a few seconds and happen for a short time then i will them from time to time usually after i have had the pill or for a few days after having s good few of them, what would you ask for a blood test to find out if it was anything serious so i know what to ask for if i go to doctors

what type of pains do you feel are they looking shooting pains for short period of time as if you have worked out at the gym and got a strain sort of pain haha, also do you use daily and if so how long have you used opiate pills for cheers i think i have used daily for close to a year

what type of pains do you feel are they looking shooting pains for short period of time as if you have worked out at the gym and got a strain sort of pain haha, also do you use daily and if so how long have you used opiate pills for cheers i think i have used daily for close to a year
I've had random sharp pains near my organs since I was 18, but very sporadically and random. Completely random, never connected to any drug intake.

My guess is you might be connecting similar random events to codeine intake when in reality there is no connection.

I was on heroin for 9 years. Alcoholic for 10 years. Done every other drug under the sun, too. The random sharp pains in my organs seems random and inconsequential, maybe random nerve glitches. Doctors always told me not to worry about it unless there was a pattern or it was constant. The pains I had were always in different places, though, not the same spot.

The random sharp pains in my organs seems random and inconsequential, maybe random nerve glitches. Doctors always told me not to worry about it unless there was a pattern or it was constant.
This sounds like fibromyalgia, honestly. I have that and I get these random pains as well as a bunch of other REALLY FUN stuff 😒

Also, don’t listen to doctors about this. They don’t know what they’re talking about in most cases; listen to your body.

For me, it manifest as: random aches/pains, flu-like sensations sometimes, feeling like you have a fever when you don’t, feeling like you have odd patches of sunburn on various body parts (even ones that have never seen the sun,) an assortment of digestive issues (IBS and GERD are also things that are usually co-diagnosed with this disease,) migraines (I had migraines for many years more than fibromyalgia, or at the very least I was not diagnosed with fibromyalgia until MUCH later, but these things also often occur concurrently) headaches that aren’t migraines, anxiety, depression, sensitivity in certain body parts (sometimes my HAIR will hurt, as if someone had been pulling a section of it but they have not been) extreme fatigue, sleeping issues such as insomnia (sometimes I’ll sleep and sleep and won’t feel refreshed, and sometimes I’m simply unable to sleep no matter how tired I am) and did I mention pain? There’s a lot of that one

No one knows exactly why this happens (they have guesses) and lots of times doctors don’t even believe this is a real thing because it’s been used as a catch-all for loads of stuff they can’t explain

In other words, doctors don’t know shit