Mental Health Why does my friend only have tourettes when we smoke crack

PrincessCrizzack

Bluelighter
he doesn't have it unless we smoke (he did other stuff too) but he would scream and make random noises.. why do people get this?

has he been diagnosed with it? are you sure its tourettes and maybe not something else?

he doesn't have it unless we smoke (he did other stuff too) but he would scream and make random noises.. why do people get this?
After briefly reading up on the mechanism of Tourette syndrome, increased synaptic dopamine does play a role (as I suspected). So it may be that he does actually have Tourette syndrome but whenever he's not high his symptoms are quite mild or even non-existent. Then when he smokes crack, his brain releases a shit-tonne of dopamine and causes him to have much more noticeable Tourette symptoms like the screaming and random stuff.

It could also be drug-induced psychosis.

Either way it's not normal and it's not good, so he shouldn't smoke crack.

My friend was dating a guy with Tourette’s for a while and when he would take my add meds his tics would go through the roof I think the stimulants do have a definite effect maybe he is actually stifling these urges I know Chris would do that and and it would take a lot of energy mentally and physically and then he could not when he was drunk and on a bunch of ritalin