• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Why does morphine make your muscles burn?

jersicurr

Greenlighter
Just curious. Ended up in the er for ruptured ovarian cysts, phenomenal pain. Each time they put morphine through my IV it made my muscles burn/sting for the first few moments. Happens when i drink alcohol too. Just feels like the contract really hard. So just curious why.

^Could be unique to you perhaps or a different way of explaining a feeling that some may find pleasurable or unpleasant. The only uncomfortable side effect I get from Morphine is a histamine release causing an unholy urge to scratch the living f^ck out of my skin but anti-histamines like Claratyne and Phenergan knock that on the head so to speak.

Sorry to hear about your ruptured Ovarian Cysts....Some feel it bad others don't even know they've experienced it. There are a lot of painful conditions that are not painful to others so I've come to learn over the last three years of being forced to take an interest in chronic pain.

i have that side effect too. at least the nurse told me it happens sometimes and not to worry. i honestly think it's more of a neuralgia pain in my legs than muscle. does that make sense?