• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why does meth make me feel comfortable and calms me down like Im on some form of strong medication.

Sleep is so so important.
For me, most of the nasty psychological baggage that comes with regular use is cut in half by just going to bed every night.

The sleep deprivation is worse on meth because of all the excessive dopamine leftover and your brain not knowing what to do with it. Schizophrenics suffer from an excess of it too (i think its schizophrenia but i could be wrong). Maybe why the effects are so similar to stimulant psychosis. 🤔

Temazepam. Benzodiazepine
Ya ! I recently told my doctor if I can get Restoril prescription he told me no because they are addictive. I guess I'm just going to keep buying them off the street.
Have you ever took Adivan?. My doctor told me I can take Adivan. I only tried it 3 times and all 3 times I took it I was in a half sleep half awake sedated feeling.

Sleep is so so important.
For me, most of the nasty psychological baggage that comes with regular use is cut in half by just going to bed every night.

The sleep deprivation is worse on meth because of all the excessive dopamine leftover and your brain not knowing what to do with it. Schizophrenics suffer from an excess of it too (i think its schizophrenia but i could be wrong). Maybe why the effects are so similar to stimulant psychosis. 🤔
I truly believe schizophrenia is not caused by large amounts of dopamine but is caused from cannabinoid receptors because I have friends who are schizophrenic and they don't hear voices on meth but they here voices when smoking weed.
I think the mental health system is controlled by evil elite rich people who just want to take everyone's dopamine away so they can never feel happy !. I wish some military dictator takes power and puts these mental health doctor's in concentration camps. They took away my dopamine and I told them how come I don't feel happy all the time anymore , then one of the social workers at the Department of Mental Health told me "it's not always good to feel happy".
When he said that I knew the whole system is corrupt and makes Hitler seem like a nice person in comparison.

I truly believe schizophrenia is not caused by large amounts of dopamine

"In schizophrenia, dopamine is tied to hallucinations and delusions. That's because brain areas that "run" on dopamine may become overactive."

"The "dopamine theory of schizophrenia" states that schizophrenia is caused by an overactive dopamine system in the brain. ... High doses of amphetamines cause schizophrenic-like symptoms in a disorder called "amphetamine psychosis.""

Those were taken from two different articles.
In reasonable amounts dopamine makes you feel good, but over too much time all that activity just overloads the brain. Combine that with not sleeping and before you know it, you're playing hide and seek with those lovable rapscallions the shadow people.

"In schizophrenia, dopamine is tied to hallucinations and delusions. That's because brain areas that "run" on dopamine may become overactive."

"The "dopamine theory of schizophrenia" states that schizophrenia is caused by an overactive dopamine system in the brain. ... High doses of amphetamines cause schizophrenic-like symptoms in a disorder called "amphetamine psychosis.""

In reasonable amounts dopamine makes you feel good, but over too much time all that activity just overloads the brain. Combine that with not sleeping and before you know it, you're playing hide and seek with those lovable rapscallions the shadow people.
Then how come my friend doesn't hear voices on meth?. He is schizophrenic. Read you're message box if you want to laugh.

Marijuana's effects more closely resemble a psychedelic like LSD than people realize, just on a smaller scale.
Serious disorders like schizophrenia are widely known for being provoked by THC and other more traditional psychedelic drugs that act on those dopamine specific areas. Your friend shouldn't be using any recreational drugs if he's got schizophrenia lol. Meth being at the top of a long list.
If he hasn't had any negative episodes yet, i'd say he's extremely lucky.

Last edited:

The dopamine hypothesis is full of crap. Amphetamine psychosis is different from schizophrenia symptoms

Serious disorders like schizophrenia are widely known for being provoked by THC and other more traditional psychedelic drugs that act on those dopamine specific areas. .

^^I totally agree with this (again @tweakerguy !!) both on the basis of much research i have read and on my personal experience.

I am fairly certain my Type I bi-polar (2 manic episodes of psychosis not directly related to drug taking) was brought on in my 30s by excessive amounts of dope smoking in my mid-teens (stoned all day everyday for about 2 years 15-17) and then by acid dropping in my early 20s (about 30 trips in 2 years).

No doubt I had a genetic disposition that was just waiting to be triggered and I also had some degree of choldhood trauma/ abuse but it was drugs that unlocked the pandora’s box that is in my head.

Fortunately 20 years of professional treatment by both psychologists and psychiatrists (some jewish some not 😂😂😂) gave me a very clear understanding of how my mind works and how to keep on top of it when reality starts getting sketchy. I love drugs, but let’s be honest - they fuck you up in both the short and long term well after the high has gone.

People with serious mental illness should steer clear of drugs with propensity to indiuce psychosis - at least until they have the skills and self-awareness to know when they are slipping over the line. I sometimes think that’s what treatment programs should help with rather than abstinence. I’m constantly evaluating how sane I am on a scale of 1-10 and anything below 8 I stop doing stim and psychadelic drugs and up my anti-psychotics!

The dopamine hypothesis is full of crap. Amphetamine psychosis is different from schizophrenia symptoms
Which one? Do you mean all the dozens of write-ups and studies done by different medical professionals? (y):whistle::coffee:

I tend to agree. I have a form of schizophrenia but I do not suffer from it. I know how to deal with it. I think amphetamine psychosis is completely different, although a few similarites are present.

Here in canada lower grade stuff is laced with fentanyl if that the case one decent dose could have unforseen effects without a tolerence

I live fairly close to Canada, and I believe here in New York state that the meth is low quality, I have had several batches laced with fentanyl, tested myself. Its sad