• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why does mdma make u want to socialize???

ovenbakedskittles

Bluelighter
i was wondering what mdma actually does to you that makes u want to socialize and talk to people and become more outgoing...

me being an introvert am very intrigued with this aspect of mdma... can anyone tell me what type of neurotransmittor or hormone is responsible for making this happen? or is it something that science does not fully understand yet...

im just really curious about it because i would like to know how i can achieve this state without using drugs if thats possible... and i think knowing why this drug makes u feel like that will help me out with that or at least help me understand something...

thank you

Serotonin release makes you feel relaxed, dopamine release makes talking more rewarding, and oxytocin release increases social bonding potential.

More or less^

Stimulants in general cause the user to be motivated to simply speak. MDMA hits specific receptors which make the user actually just enjoy speaking and socializing so much.

I may add more later.

Perhaps some interesting reading here. I'm still not sure what to make of it, but as far as I know whether or not oxytocin is responsible for MDMA's empathy is still being debated. Could be wrong

The exact mechanisms that cause mdma to have the effects it does are still up for discussion. It is thought that it has something to with the serotonin release, but exactly why mdma does this and other drugs that enhance serotonin release do not is a mystery. Could there be spin properties of the molecule that we are overlooking or is it something else? It has been proposed that mdma raises levels of oxytocin in the brain but this too remains to be confirmed. Another possibility is that because mdma causes us to groom or hug one another it generates oxytocin indirectly. Because mdma research has been virtually shut down for 30 years there has been very little recent experimental research. The situation may be slowing changing now.

Last edited:
interesting... has any research ever suggested that serotonin and dopamine release is what gives u energy while rolling or has it ever suggested anything that has to do with energy?

Good question only science maybe can answer sometime.

Amphetamine has no such effect on me, just makes people talk to much for/ at themselves at higher dosages.
MDAI (relatively pure serotonin releaser) floors me, one very reminiscent effect of MDMA but without any socializing.
GHB a oxytocin releasing agent but also quite sedating does have these effects but not to the extent of MDMA. But it's getting very near anyway.
So is this correlation, don't know but there seems to be some oxytocin and dopamin involved.

But Methylone also floors me and so do the apb's, excluding their methylated forms like 5-mapb.
We could draw some preliminary conclusions from this but in the end its just guessing.

Non scientific answer... It makes you feel great which makes you just want to be out and about. Any drug that makes you feel good can give you "energy" since you just feel like you can do anything. Sedating drugs don't necessarily make you feel "great", they just make you feel calm and relaxed. That's how I look at it.

Non scientific answer... It makes you feel great which makes you just want to be out and about. Any drug that makes you feel good can give you "energy" since you just feel like you can do anything. Sedating drugs don't necessarily make you feel "great", they just make you feel calm and relaxed. That's how I look at it.
Another nonscientific answer would be mdma strongly exaggerates your emotions and feelings, mostly feelings of love, happiness, closeness, openness, empathy. Especially empathy plays a major roll in this. With empathy you are interested in getting to know people and understand them causing you to talk to them. Also if all of those feelings and emotions i stated are feeling exaggerated then a person will be more compelled to act on them. All of those invole communication and connecting with people hence socializing.

Empathy+euphoria=ecstasy.

Oh and just for fun: ive read that in the early days of mdma before ecstasy became the most common name for it, people would sometimes refer to it as empathy.

I think empathy is what makes it a strong tool for therapy use.

Ha! Therapy-empathy.

My friend used to say mdma could be used as a truth serum to an extent in some cases. Mdma definitely inclines people to sometime say things revealing secrets that they later regret saying.
But hey whatever happy rolling!!!

Another nonscientific answer would be mdma strongly exaggerates your emotions and feelings, mostly feelings of love, happiness, closeness, openness, empathy. Especially empathy plays a major roll in this. With empathy you are interested in getting to know people and understand them causing you to talk to them. Also if all of those feelings and emotions i stated are feeling exaggerated then a person will be more compelled to act on them. All of those invole communication and connecting with people hence socializing.

Empathy+euphoria=ecstasy.
Sorry i should have replaced exaggerated with elevated.