• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Why does it hurt my teeth to eat chocolate after I smoke meth

AvenaSativa

Bluelighter
It makes me sad I want to be a sexy tweaker chick but I can't if my teeth fall out.

Usually not because of the acids and chemicals in the meth itself, but due to the lack of saliva production (which normally spends all day repairing your enamel with replacement minerals after eating/acid attacks). Have gum in your mouth and chew often - it should get some saliva going. But you'll also need to eat occasionally to provide some of the minerals your teeth need.

Usually not because of the acids and chemicals in the meth itself, but due to the lack of saliva production (which normally spends all day repairing your enamel with replacement minerals after eating/acid attacks). Have gum in your mouth and chew often - it should get some saliva going. But you'll also need to eat occasionally to provide some of the minerals your teeth need.

I was just thinking, do you suppose sugar free gum would be more appropriate for this use? Or think the replacement sweeteners would be just as bad?

I would think sugar and acids (acids not only because teeth, but also the evacuation of amphetamines with acids present) would be best avoided altogether while using methamphetamine...

Definitely true on the nourishment part though. Meth will destroy your body (brain too) otherwise. Plus, proper nourishment actually helps more with the crash than one would think....I was quite surprised.
If you can't manage to choke down food with good nutritional value, milk is a very good start (unless you're intolerant). It's loaded with all kinds of shit your body needs and since it's a drink, requires little effort.

-PA

If you like acidic soft drinks, you can always use a straw, though obviously it won't taste quite as full. Most dentists recommend patients to do that anyway.

As for sugar free gum, the birch sugar types (eg Xylitol, maltilol etc) are pretty indigestible to the acid forming bacteria in the mouth, therefore should be beneficial yes.

Does meth make you clench your jaw or grind your teeth? Amphetamines cause me to clench my jaw a lot and later I find my teeth hurt if I eat anything that's not soft.
If you smoke your meth it is horrific for your teeth and the pain/discomfort could be the start of tooth decay.

My teeth often hurt after using amphetamine, it's probably because of the gurning fucking up my jaw.

It's a wise idea to brush your teeth, gums and tongue frequently when using to maintain decent oral hygiene.

However enamel becomes 'soft' and vulnerable to erosion for quite some time after consuming anything acidic, including hcl from meth vapour and most soft drinks, fruit juices and fruit.

So make sure you wait a good 30-60 mins after vaping before brushing your teeth or you may actually compound any enamel erosion.