• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why does Clonaz help lessen Opiate hangover for me?

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Dear wonderful BL Community,

If during the day and during the evening before, I end up taking a high does of Oxy IR, as I would expect -for the next morning, I feel like a major headache and nausea that is so bad that I can't get out of bed from the dizziness. When I would take orally a Clonazapam whatever dosage for my tolerance for such a substance, I feel the bad feelings of opiate hangover SUBSIDING. (I call it Opiate Hangover unless someone has a better name or explanation please, I'd like to start using your description/term of opiate hangover). I end up without the headache, without the desire to vomit from taking more than I could tolerate in opiates, and I feel not as sick essentially like 70% better at least. Why is this? Anyone have experience with these happenings?

Last edited:
How much oxy are you taking and it seems like youre opiate naive aka no tolerance?? Oxy in my exp ( have used em all) is the one w least negatives, id say take less and see if that aids. I do know when i take larger oxy doses theres this odd hangover type bullshit that tends to linger which is fucking annoying but on the clonaz, it eases everything =p

Just whenever I binge and go over my tolerance. Say, I'm used to a 20mg oxy IR daily use. Then I end up using 70mg oxy IR use throughout the day. The next day I get that hangover where I'm almost like nauseous, and in a weird head-space and dizzy a little and I need to pretty much detox and wait for my body to adjust back to tolerance base-line but Clonzapam speeds up the recovery, I'm glad you have found that out too.

BTW. sent you a private message about another topic; didn't want to go on tangent with the thread topic. Regards.

Last edited:
Opi, I must regrettably say that this is not an average or normal reaction to repeated Opioid use. Of course we're going off of the assumption that everybody is different, but in general, folks get sick the first couple of times they experience Opioids. This doesn't effect everyone, but it does effect a lot of people. As well, if one takes too much, you will get sick then too. 20mg Oxycodone should not be enough to produce a state like this. You describe a "Hangover", which I find peculiar. This is not common. Some will definitely feel sluggish for a few minutes when they wake up, but it shouldn't be a "negative" experience. Does that make sense?

I think if the nausea is a given feature for you when you use Opioids, it would be a good idea to consider some kind of prophylactic for the symptoms. There are obviously a ton of options out there and some work better than others. If you want suggestions, let me know. I'm not saying that you're experience is insane, but it's definitely not common.

Opi, I must regrettably say that this is not an average or normal reaction to repeated Opioid use. Of course we're going off of the assumption that everybody is different, but in general, folks get sick the first couple of times they experience Opioids. This doesn't effect everyone, but it does effect a lot of people. As well, if one takes too much, you will get sick then too. 20mg Oxycodone should not be enough to produce a state like this. You describe a "Hangover", which I find peculiar. This is not common. Some will definitely feel sluggish for a few minutes when they wake up, but it shouldn't be a "negative" experience. Does that make sense?

I think if the nausea is a given feature for you when you use Opioids, it would be a good idea to consider some kind of prophylactic for the symptoms. There are obviously a ton of options out there and some work better than others. If you want suggestions, let me know. I'm not saying that you're experience is insane, but it's definitely not common.
Yeah. I have a stockpile of Gravol ginger gels caps (has to be the gel caps otherwise my body doesn't experience the effects of Gravol). Yeah, whenever I go 20% over my actual opiate tolerance level or especially if I mix it with some substance that is known to cause nauseous effects, I either throw up immediately or feel that I want to unless I get 2 gravol in me. My tolarence changes quickly I find; it's strange. One day I can't handle 40 mgs without getting nauseaus, another 4 months later, I can handle an 80mg IR then I adjust back to like 20mgs; daily I'm speaking about and taken all at once.

Hey Opi, so Gravol is a brand name for Dimenhydrinate. I'm not a huge fan of "combination" drugs myself. They tend to complicate these situations. This drug is actually a combination salt of Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and a stimulant drug called 8-Chlorotheophylline. The latter is intended to counteract the sedative effect of the former. Are you saying that this drug works for your nausea? If not there's plenty of other suitors waiting in the wings so hit me up.