• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs why does ambien feel like a mild cannabis high 4 about 20 min? any rc's like ambien?

elprofeta

Greenlighter
swim hasnt used weed in months for his job, and has recently been prescribed ambien.

Within 20 minutes I have very similar hypnotic inquisitive thoughts and seem to be in the same mindset as I get from smoking some mid grade weed.

But it doesn't last for more than a few minutes. It was peaking while I set up my profile to post. But I'm already coming down from that hypnotic peak.

I wish there was an rc that could mimic that hypnotic peak and keep it lasting longer.

Maybe I just need to go back to the occasional weed.

Damn, ambien for me was wayyyyyy stronger than weed man, what dose are you taking? Even 5mg puts most people out. Rc's really are just worse versions of more commonly known drugs, so i wouldn't recommend going down that route.

Weed, is really, really, good when you think about it relative to that kinda shit.

Zolpidem seems to be what I'd call a "GABAergic hallucinogen". While it's basically just a sleep aid that mimics the action of benzodiazepines, there seem to be some subtle differences that cause it to put your brain to sleep in such a way that certain parts remain more active than others, causing some sort of sleep-walking/"lucid dream"-like state. I guess the closest thing (although not an RC) would be Muscimol, the active compound in Amanita muscaria mushrooms, which has been used as an entheogen for millennia.

I'm kind of wondering why no RC lab has yet tried to offer Gaboxadol, a Muscimol-like synthetic drug that was developed as a sleep aid, but eventually shelved after (unsurprisingly) giving people too many hallucinations.