• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Why do people go through a gram a day? What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Area57

Bluelighter
My friend tried cocaine for the first time in a long time recently and said she liked it. But she isn't doing huge amounts like I read on here, and she isn't going through a gram a night and wanting more.

In fact, she will just do a small line, maybe .05 g every two to three hours and that keeps her up and feeling like the queen of the world.

But I've read that it is only supposed to last maybe 15-30 minutes. She is telling me it lasts 2 hours, and also this is how long her nose and throat stays numb. The high and the numbness seem to come and go together.

Is it just that she is getting a little bit high and the people doing lines every 30 minutes are really getting a lot more of an effect out of it? The way she describes how it makes her feel sound exactly like what it is supposed to do.

-energy, alertness, awareness. going from maybe tired that day, to being awake and not having trouble doing activities she would otherwise be too tired to do.
-feeling good about herself and having much improved self esteem
-not jittery or fidgety but wired

and when it wears off, after maybe doing three lines over the course of 6 hours, she doesn't feel the need for more, but describes feeling cold and tired, starts yawning and wants to go to bed. Doesn't really feel rotten, but back to normal self esteem, mostly it's the feeling of being cold and tired. That's her comedown. She has to wait a couple, maybe 3-4 hours after her last line to sleep.

So why are people using so much, when she seems to really enjoy just a little bit? Is it that much more fun? Do you just feel like you are on top of the world? What is she missing? Or is she not missing anything and this is the way to go.

lastly, she says she uses saying to rinse her sinuses at the end of the night. sometimes this feels like it dislodges coke from her nose and her throat and nose get numb again and she feels slightly re-high. is she not cutting it up fine enough? She must be wasting some that gets lodged up there. what can she do to absorb it better? thanks. I like to help.

This thread is kind of pointless OP. Why do some people have one cup of coffee in the morning and some drink 8 throughout the day? First off, it's a matter of preference. Some people want to be higher than others do. Some are more comfortable at different levels. That's just how it is. Purity is also a factor. Purity of street drugs, especially of the powedered variety, tend to vary wildly, by factors of up to 100 and beyond.

Part of you must have known the answer to this before you posted right?

Status
Not open for further replies.