• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Why do people abuse their power so much?

Bluelighter
They say power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

And it's true. Whenever someone gains power they tend to start abusing it (at least to some degree) to gain benefits at the expense of others or the greater good.

The really interesting part is the self-deception that's involved. The people abusing their power will convince themselves what they are doing is not because of selfish reasons but really in the interest of others, maybe even at a personal cost to them.

It's weird. We all do it, too. Some more than others.

There's a saying in my country that doesn't translate very well into English but it would have to go something like this "more always wants more".
Unfortunately, that's just the way it is. Basic human nature if you ask me and truly does suck!

Yea I was thinking the same thing when I got home and saw someone had their window open in their unit and it's about 10 degrees... But they are on the second floor and heating from the first floor flows up I think. I used to have a second floor apartment and I also had my window open running the heater.

i said it in the social anxiety thread over in "the dark side" but definitely projection and transference..:\

I know it man and I do not understand it at all. At my job I am in a position where I do have power but most of the time choose not to exercise it at least not directly. Power in the workplace is not something I am familiar with so perhaps it just takes some getting used to at least for me. I have seen far too many people long for that position just so they can abuse it. I am not into the whole hierarchy concept of work environment or society life in general.

Not to say that I dont constantly want more for myself because I do. Just not at the expense of others feel me

Last edited: