• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Why do Opioids make it harder to finish / get an erection?

TRTCure

Greenlighter
I’m wondering if anyone knows the science behind why opiates make sex more difficult? I know over time they decrease testosterone but I do steroids too so that shouldn’t be the issue?

Does anyone know

Not sure of exactly the scientific reasons but opiates are a depressant. They slow your breathing and heart beat as well as lower blood pressure.

An erection occurs because our dicks literally become engorged with blood. There is a muscle in the base that involuntarily controls how well blood flows in and out.

Remember how on tv the commercial always warns if youve had an erection for 4 or more hours go to the hospital? It's because of how an erection works.

As far as finishing. I imagine once again bc it's an opiate. And your nervous system is slowed down.

Opiates reduce testosterone levels. I'm sure that's the driving factor, although there's likely others too. Downers in general (e.g. benzos) are known to reduce sex drive in some people too, I imagine that's down to the sedation they cause and individual body chemistry. And let's not forget booze and "whiskey dick."

I am also pretty sure the effect is much more pronounced in men, so the testosterone reduction makes sense as an explanation.

But I'm also pretty sure it only happens to a significant level with chronic use. If you are chipping with opiates, you might not be in the mood for a day or two but feel back to normal after. Use opiates daily on the other hand and you notice a much bigger reduction. Then when you come off the buggers your sex drive comes racing back to you.

I'm an upper only guy. I can without a doubt tell you if you over do it with no tolerance you will still have incredibly hightened libido but no ability to get hard. However if you know your tolerance. If you do just enough. Sexual experiences are 10x more intense.

For me anyway

I hate it if it happens now, but it didn't happen in a long time, I know in what positions and how I can finish now better than when I was at the beginning of the addiction, very long unfulffiling ones are uncomfortable and messy. I get an erection easily, that never was a problem, altough at the first phase I would lose my boner sometimes when mixed with benzos too

Finishing is a big problem for me, but if i cut the dose in half the next day i will be able to bust. Its extremely frustrating when you are fucking a long time and wanna cum so bad but run out of steam before you can.

My girlfriend is trying to get pregnant also which makes me feel alot of pressure. It's difficult for me to not take high doses of opioids though because mentally/physically they have a powerful grip

Definitely the major factor in this becoming an issue is not being with a girl who knows whats really going on. I got lucky and had a girl when i was a senior in high school who didnt care it took so long.
She enjoyed the old faithful eruptions. But those kinds of girls are extinct.

Kinda sad. Stopping drug abuse is not an option for most of us lol. So

Most pharms tend to lower your sex drive and opiates are no exception. Plus they sedate you.
Opiate withdrawal on the other hand...When I've been using really large amounts of opioids I've sometimes needed to masturbate every 15 minutes for a couple hours, it's crazy.

well, to be honest, for some people yes and it depends on the dose aswell as the medication used , oxycodone in higher doses may make it harder because it releases alot more dopamine than say, morphine.

Most pharms tend to lower your sex drive and opiates are no exception. Plus they sedate you.
Opiate withdrawal on the other hand...When I've been using really large amounts of opioids I've sometimes needed to masturbate every 15 minutes for a couple hours, it's crazy.

When I am in Withdrawl i cum in like 2 mins.

And it feels way more intense then normal.
Every time you can it's an escape from misery.

When I am in Withdrawl i cum in like 2 mins.

And it feels way more intense then normal.
Every time you can it's an escape from misery.

Yeah, I find an orgasm seems to "cure" to withdrawal for a few minutes. Maybe due to the dopamine/endorphin/adrenaline release?

In my opinion the rapid dopamine release caused by a potent opioid just makes the joys of life seem minuscule. I could easily go 3-4 hours while on my old Oxy 80's and I enjoyed it but without them I wouldn't last 45 minutes because it feels better. Much better. I think it is a combination of your mind and body knowing how good you can feel from an opioid and the fact your opioid receptors being filled with a drug make sensations less vivid. Sex definitely doesn't feel as good for me while on opioids but Oxy especially. Norcos (hydro) actually made me crave sex more, same with Tramadol. Something about Oxy just makes me not care about sex idk

Opiates reduce testosterone levels.

You what!!???!!??!
I'm actually a bit worried on reading that tbh.

My view upon the subject has always been the same, you are taking in a part of the plant that stops the opium poppy from producing seed so it stands to reason it would impact upon your own sex drive.

You what!!???!!??!
I'm actually a bit worried on reading that tbh.

Yep but like all the physical effects of opiates it will reverse itself if you taper off and quit, it's not permanent.

The only real permanent opiate side effects that persist even after quitting for are the psychological ones, the cravings and so on.

The physical effects on your body are never something I've worried about too much short of the obvious making sure you don't OD.