• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Why do opiates start to totally suck after years?

Oh no trust me I'm a big fan of opiates the thing is I'm the only person in the world apparently that can take them and not drive a needle in my arm and turn into a crackhead

Yeah, there are all kinds of "addicts" I guess you could say & every one of them has their own reasons for why they use what they use. Some people use them because they need them (or need something) & then there's those that just use anything in excess because they're self destructive. And then these two types can also overlap at times.

Tramadol, methadone, heroin & buprenorphine all removed any desire in me to drink alcohol. Only time I would give back in to alcohol was when in withdrawal. Often times I'd actually just choose to smoke a bunch of cannabis instead and that would knock out my alcohol cravings.

But I also had a friend who did all these drugs as well and just continued to drink on top of them (surprised she didn't die) for a few years and is now off those drugs but is still a raging alcoholic. I couldn't understand why she wanted to taint that beautiful opiate buzz with a shitty alcohol one. So I guess everyone is different.

Never shot up my heroin or opiates either. But I think that comes more from the fact that I don't even like having blood drawn, let alone do it myself. lol
I've had other people shoot for me & the rush is great, but I can get that same rush from intranasal and good quality and only have to wait an extra minute or two for it to kick in. So I think people get fixated more on the needle. Sure the rush is great & you get 100% of the drug, but you can get almost the same thing from different routes that are less destructive. And intranasal had better legs anyway. I just figured it was never worth the risk and damage to my circulatory system to make something feel just a little bit better. Especially if you can just plug it too. If I didn't have a phobia of needles digging in my veins, maybe it would be a different story for me. lol

I lose all interest in alcohol when in the presence of mu agonists & some times (but not always) cannabis. I like to be able to function when I'm high and remember what I did the next morning. :p

Last edited: