• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Why do mushrooms have such a random affect on me? regardless of tolerance or dose.

mjones2711

Greenlighter
Hey all, I have been having some weird times with mushrooms recently. The last time I took some, I ate 2 grams of supposedly good ass mushrooms, as my friend had eaten 2g and had a ball. I ate the shrooms, and sadly, hardly anything happened. I was sober enough to drive, but i didnt. This is very confusing to me, as 2g should have given me at least like a +, or ++ experience, but it was more like a +(-) experience, which was a waste of money. I had no tolerance at this point to any drug other than weed. I had taken 2g another time and had a fine experience. And another time, I had taken 3.5g and hardly tripped at all, and did the same dose again later and tripped dick. Can someone explain this to me?

Mushrooms...can't explain sorry.But....don't worry:)

Hey all, I have been having some weird times with mushrooms recently. The last time I took some, I ate 2 grams of supposedly good ass mushrooms, as my friend had eaten 2g and had a ball. I ate the shrooms, and sadly, hardly anything happened. I was sober enough to drive, but i didnt. This is very confusing to me, as 2g should have given me at least like a +, or ++ experience, but it was more like a +(-) experience, which was a waste of money. I had no tolerance at this point to any drug other than weed. I had taken 2g another time and had a fine experience. And another time, I had taken 3.5g and hardly tripped at all, and did the same dose again later and tripped dick. Can someone explain this to me?
Were these all of the same batches and strains? Some strains are stronger than others, and some batches are stronger than others, with even differences within the batch, and maybe the caps are more potent than the stems, stuff like that. There's always some uncertainty with shrooms.

Have fun tripping, when you eventually do, regardless :)

are you taking any medications? some will completely block the trip

stomach contents, state of mind and different strains / batches

there are a lot of variables, but yeah it's pretty weird to take 3.5g and not feel much

accurate dosage of mushrooms can only be achieved with artificial reconstituted mushroom shaped candy that was hermetically saved after metered pharmaceutical ingredient composition.

then there is set and setting, and mind set is all about mental contents, how is that managed is even more complex and idosyncratic

are you taking any medications? some will completely block the trip

stomach contents, state of mind and different strains / batches

there are a lot of variables, but yeah it's pretty weird to take 3.5g and not feel much
i used to be on zoloft but have been off for at least 2 months now.

normal stomach content, maybe a little emptier than usual, shit is very strange to me. love mushrooms, but this is kinda scaring me off from doing them from an economic standpoint, because I never know if its worth buying the damn things. best batch i ever had was grown in my own home, maybe theres some special connection living w the mushrooms lmao

As far as I've ever been able to tell, mushrooms vary wildly in their potency, even coming off the same mycelium. Two mushrooms of the same size out of the same bag will not have the same bang. Let alone different batches, media, strains etc. Add in all of the other variables that Pupnik mentioned, and also variation introduced from storage methods (degradation) and you really can never step in the same river twice.

The best way I've come up with to achieve some consistency is to dry a big batch of mushrooms completley, grind them to a powder, mix that powder really well, and then compress it hard to evacuate the air for storage. Keep that super tight, sealed, dry and cool/cold and then weigh doses with a scale.

Another good method-dry your shrooms,grinded if you want and store in a jar full of honey.It's another method to preserve their potency,along to dried them and put well packaged into freezer.