• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why do Kratom users get butthurt when you call it a drug?

methoxetaman

Bluelighter
So, my friend added me to some private Facebook group where members use/buy/supply Kratom; some girl was talking about giving Kratom to her dog.

I replied, "don't drug your pets," which received some backlash such as, "are you serious?" and such. "Kratom isn't a drug!"

I explained that Kratom contains psychoactive alkaloids, it is 100% a drug, and responsible pet owners don't give their pets psychoactive drugs.

I was then booted from the group. Wouldn't have stayed long, anyway.

Why do Kratom users get so upset when someone calls it a drug?

To be clear, it is most-definitely a psychoactive drug. You will not convince me otherwise.

I feel like it's because most Kratom consumers are recovering addicts, and they want to be able to say, "I'm sober. I don't use drugs," but I want to see what other ideas there may be.

*rolls eyes*

I think some groups don't want kratom described as a drug because they are afraid doing so may cause it to get banned?

Misinformation is not the answer, regardless of intention.

Yeah, I've so noticed that! They're always like, "No it's a supplement, dude, do your research". It's a fucking opioid and they just won't admit it to themselves and/or they are worried about further prohibition which would mean more burdensome procurement, and they would enjoy a slice of the negative stigma the rest of us opiate users know all too well.

I haven't talked to many people about it but personally i never denied the fact that it's a drug. I dance around the subject because anyone who knows i take it would be a lot more distressed if they knew exactly what it is.

The stigma for drug users is still very real so it doesn't surprise me that people delude themselves into thinking kratom isn't a drug.

Of course it is, but it's relatively milder than many and I think people do this almost entirely because so many people from the FDA and DEA are trying to schedule and ban it now.

Especially at the moment, it may get scheduled in Ohio and that idiot Scott Gottlieb from the FDA is working to get it scheduled nationwide, something I also don't understand because I never thought the FDA had any interest in or ability to get anything scheduled.

I am pretty sure that the logic is that the FDA and DEA are spreading MASSIVE misinformation about it being SO much more dangerous than it is, that it kills people which it doesn't, that people inject it which they don't, that Kratom supporters feel they have to balance it out with their own positive misinformation.

They aren't COMPLETELY crazy either in the sense that your average joe who is small minded and know nothing about it tends to believe the very first thing that he or she hears about a substance or a new thing and everything else they hear later is often blocked out.

That's not how more open minded or rational people think, but the FDA and DEA are trying to make sure that as many people as possible who have never heard of Kratom before have the very first thing that they hear about it be that it is this horrible evil drug that kills people so that's all they think.

I think the logic is that if instead the first thing people unfamiliar with it hear is: "it's a supplement and all it does is help with pain" or whatever, then maybe they'll believe that instead.

I particularly understand their point of view when it comes to online posts as they are a paper trail proving that certain people said certain things.

That being said, you are right of course, and in a face to face conversation it is even more ridiculous to tell someone not to say that.

BUT....it's a much safer drug than the government wants people to believe and should stay legal and I can't stand what the FDA and DEA are doing and hope they fail.

Last edited:
I'm a kratom user, it is both an opiate and a drug. People in the kratom scene try to pretend it's not because they don't want it banned (and it shouldn't be shit saved my life probably, as a junkie made my addiction manageable. Subs make me feel dead inside.)

I'm gonna go with because they don't want to be known as drug users because of the negative connotation associated with the word "drug"

Drugs are toxins, IMO.
Following this reasoning: All things are drugs. Water, for example. In the dessert it is priceless: Middle of the ocean?... dead from drowning.
Salt: Too little --> dead. Too much --> Dead.
List goes on and on........
What's next?
Sumbitches using state pharm boards to work their evil. Good ploy as these institutions rely on pharmaceutics to pay their bills and more kratom means less profit/take-home.

Edit: Board of Pharmacy:
"A Board of Pharmacy is a regional or national association of pharmacists that aims to ensure public health in a country or state by regulation of the pharmacy industry within their purview.[1] In the United States, they work in collaboration with the FDA, DEA and local governments to create, modify and accomplish new legislation and also on certifications and renewal of licenses to pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, drugstores, etc."
Wikishit

Last edited:
Ya, I mean I get that it's a negative connotation with the word "drug," but the fact was the girl was giving a psychoactive drug to her dog, denying it was a drug.

If you think.about it, even chamomile is a drug (contains a drug that makes you sleepy)

Ya, I mean I get that it's a negative connotation with the word "drug," but the fact was the girl was giving a psychoactive drug to her dog, denying it was a drug.
If you think.about it, even chamomile is a drug (contains a drug that makes you sleepy)
Most "drugs" are tested on animals first.
Unless it comes to the agencies that be then they prefer human test-subjects. :)
If there is no choice in it for the recipient (unless unable to consent/contend and it's life-threatening situation)... then maybe it shouldn't be administered.

Last edited:
The dog doesn't know it's taking a drug even if it chooses to lick it out of her hand or something. A dog cannot consent.

Kratom is a psychoactive recreational drug, or a plant containing a psychoactive recreational drug

The dog doesn't know it's taking a drug even if it chooses to lick it out of her hand or something. A dog cannot consent.
Animals either trust or distrust. It is we who choose what is "best" for them.
Personally... if a dog (which eats its own shi*) will ingest such a nasty tasting plant as kratom; that is on them.
They love the taste of anti-freeze: Should we put a bowl out so they can lap it up?
They trust us... do we not have the responsibility to make the most informed decisions on their behalf? And how do we know what that is?
Edit: Just a question....
Wouldn't it have been a lesser battle if they were to claim kratom as a dietary fiber supplement? Just saying....

Last edited:
"Why do Kratom users get butthurt when you call it a drug?"
Who the hell knows? What kinda question is that? Open? Rigged? Honest? Baited?
kratom is by definition a drug. every single person i know is on something (drug). it is demonized like H, meth, LSD and many other common favorites but has little to no like ill effects of any. maybe it is because it is more beneficial than detrimental?
will have to google "butthurt kratom users" to get a wider perspective of this....
PS: Lucky i aint on what i wanna be on or only a select few here could fathom what im spittin

Edit: when u gonna start preachin?
Edit Deux:
wont revisit this as it is causing me some bad vibes :)
peace

Last edited: