• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Why do I still need painkillers affe taking methadone

Hezman94

Bluelighter
I get eight thirty mg dhc a day. I was on seventy mg methadone and forty mg oxy down from seventy and thought fuck it bought a load of lorazepam and took it like. A man lol.
Now finally I'm getting pain relief from dihydrocodeine which is twice as strong as codeine it is a prodrug but not entirely there metabolites but it's a painkiller on its own.
I dose my methadone 80mg and my legs ache and feel restless is it best to take my dhc with my methadone so when dhc wears off meth be full effects cos I been doin three doses a day wake up take ninety mgnend up go back sleep when I've taken the meth it's been atlwast seven hours since the dhc.
I then wait it out but soon as I take the dhc the restless achy feeling goes away.
But why can't I go longer neithout itbif methadone has just been dosednis it cos methadone takes up to seven years for peak effects?
How should I dose 240mg I take my meth at no later than nine am I wake up sometimes at midnight but most days three am.
I've not used gear in over two months

Hey Hezman. Could you please clarify your daily Opioid regimen for me? Are you taking Methadone every day as part of a maintenance program? It is a pretty common fallacy among prescribers that Methadone will effectively treat pain and a single agent for those in maintenance.

This is usually not the case. Methado e is great at reducing cravings and maintaining stability, but Methadone maintenance is not a great, effective way to treat pain. Ideally, I think you should not take Methadone and try to get to a point where you can just use your short-acting Opioids. I know this can be a difficult process, but it's my opinion that you would be better off with just the DHC and company.

Anyway, please clarify what exactly you're doing with Opioids and please elaborate a little but regarding your most serious/troubling symptoms. We can definitely help you out with some of this stuff, but there will likely be some trial and error on the way to your goal.

Interestingly, the issue with methadone for pain is that its main analgesic effects are actually quite moderate in length (some 6-8 hours), yet its long half-life still makes it so that it holds off withdrawal for much longer.

When i was on huge doses of methadone I would still actually wake up in a bit of withdrawal interestingly enough, so i must be a fast metabolizer.

When i shattered my ankle in a gruesome manner while on 240mg of methadone the pain was enormous. The hospital discharged me with a 90 count bottle of 7.5mg hydrocodone, which I consumed all of as soon as i got home (never tried this, that is a lethal dose of APAP for some), and never got much relief.

I later required surgery and thats how i wound up on 340mg of methadone a day.

Man i miss that stuff. I wish i had a couple dozen of those 10mg pills. If i took 4 right now id would probably get high as hell. Its my favorite opioid.

Interestingly, the issue with methadone for pain is that its main analgesic effects are actually quite moderate in length (some 6-8 hours), yet its long half-life still makes it so that it holds off withdrawal for much longer.

When i was on huge doses of methadone I would still actually wake up in a bit of withdrawal interestingly enough, so i must be a fast metabolizer.

When i shattered my ankle in a gruesome manner while on 240mg of methadone the pain was enormous. The hospital discharged me with a 90 count bottle of 7.5mg hydrocodone, which I consumed all of as soon as i got home (never tried this, that is a lethal dose of APAP for some), and never got much relief.

I later required surgery and thats how i wound up on 340mg of methadone a day.

Man i miss that stuff. I wish i had a couple dozen of those 10mg pills. If i took 4 right now id would probably get high as hell. Its my favorite opioid.
my roomate has methadone bottles all over the house like 60 200 mg bottles he doesnt take it but once a week lol yet im coming off it 46 days today but i know ic ant touch it or id waste all this time methadone withdrawal is a bitch due to length its taking to feel normal sneezing a ton diarrhea and feeling like i have tons of fluid in my lunges and the no sleep without high level sleep aid