• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why do I roll really hard but just for an hour?

saferoller

Greenlighter
Normally I roll 3-6 hours on tested molly, but these specific pills i only roll for an hour. They're ~200mg and they're sort of a loose pressed pill not in a capsule could that be why? Just wondering thanks

if they are truly mdma only then it could be because when some people take a large dose they may roll harder with a shorter duration.

thats why some people prefer doing a standard first dose later followed by a little redose, instead of 1 large dose.

everybody reacts differently and has different tolerance levels. with mdma each person needs to find there sweet spot for dosage and whether or not to redose based on their liking for how they would like to roll.

for example 150mg starter dose followed by a 50mg redose 2 hours later.

research and knowledge of what you put in your body is key for the absolute best results.

Did you eat a lot before you dropped? That could affect the come up and possibly the strength of the roll itself.

I always fast for the whole day and then take the substance (except weed) to get the most out of it.

There are a lot of reasons why that could be, actually. As mentioned, tolerance could be a factor. Set and setting, space between rolls and the dosage from the tested molly you took. Was it 100mg, or 200mg, etc?

We'd only be able to give you possibilities without more info on your part.

but these specific pills i only roll for an hour.

you say this like its a pill you've taken on multiple occasions with the same outcome.. an obvious statement to make would be to switch up what you're buying, you could also try coming up slower by taking the pill in halves which could increase the duration of the roll

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the op doesn't specify that the pills are tested ( and the effects might be that of another stimulant, and could me mislabeled as mdma due to the high dose)
Have someone else to try these pills and see if they notice something simmilar..and pretty much what everyone above said.

They could contain just a small amount of MDMA (just enough to give a positive test result), and another "MDMA-like" main substance with a shorter duration.

^This could be very likely. I had Methylone-Pills back when it was easily available and the duration was similarly short. If you check the statistics on ecstasydata.org Ethylone is becoming more prominent in pills.
Also 200mg is a pretty big dose that would be too much for many people, so I highly doubt these really contain that much MDMA.

This happened to me recently on NYE, I took 90 mg MDMA combined with 30 mg MDA ... I had a lot of confusion in general and after about 2 hours or so of very decent rolling I got streaks of dysphoria alternating with pretty weird feelings. The setting and mindset were great, I was with my girlfriend... only thing I can think of is that I have ruined MDMA for myself with abuse a while back (hadnt taken any MDxx since that happened about 2.5-3 years ago). I don't have depression, in case you're wondering - which is what I would assume if I had royally fucked my SERT or VMAT(2) or other serotonin machinery.

Solipsis- Just curious, and I'm going to ask in laymans terms here, but is depression caused by a lack of naturally-produced serotonin?

Sorry, I'd rather ask someone with knowledge than look it up, and end up having to take an article with a grain of salt. Even a few scholarly articles aren't that reliable, or they'll contradict another scholarly article on the same subject. So I tend to question what I read when opposing views speak in ultimatums/authority.

Many thanks in advance. :)

Solipsis- Just curious, and I'm going to ask in laymans terms here, but is depression caused by a lack of naturally-produced serotonin?

could be, but definitely a oversimplification - maybe even to the point of being flat out wrong. we don't really have a good understanding of depression yet. the monoamine hypothesis (depression = too low levels of monoamines, especially serotonin) was the most popular in the last decades, but it has serious flaws, that cannot be overlooked. for instance that ssris don't help nearly as good as would be expected (barely above placebo for most drugs), that ssris aren't effective against depression (if they are at all for a particular person) from the first dose or that some antidepressants like iprindol have no effect at all on serotonin levels at all but are just as effective as common antidepressants. there is some kind of association between lowered serotonin and depression, but postulating a strict causality is surely wrong.

could be, but definitely a oversimplification - maybe even to the point of being flat out wrong. we don't really have a good understanding of depression yet. the monoamine hypothesis (depression = too low levels of monoamines, especially serotonin) was the most popular in the last decades, but it has serious flaws, that cannot be overlooked. for instance that ssris don't help nearly as good as would be expected (barely above placebo for most drugs), that ssris aren't effective against depression (if they are at all for a particular person) from the first dose or that some antidepressants like iprindol have no effect at all on serotonin levels at all but are just as effective as common antidepressants. there is some kind of association between lowered serotonin and depression, but postulating a strict causality is surely wrong.

Ah I see. Thank you for the reply. I will surely keep this in mind, as I know you are knowledgeable on this forum. :)

'Why do I roll hard but only for an hour?'

Because your not getting a good dose of real MDMA.