• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why do I get really cold on molly?

roxidreams

Greenlighter
So about the 3rd time I've taken MDMA (the first time was actually MDA I believe) I took it in little point sized capsules and I got really anxious and unbearably cold. It was winter but I was inside with several blankets on and I was so cold I couldn't enjoy the roll (the anxiety I could get over). Can anyone tell me why this happens?? The pills were tested in a reagent test thing and I'm just confused as to why this happens or how to make it stop so I can enjoy the roll.

Last edited by a moderator:
MDMA can do strange things to your body temperature, although it usually makes it rise. It could be that you have an irregular thyroid, I've seen weird shit happen to people who roll and have thyroid problems. Does it happen every time you roll, on tested substances? By the way, the term "molly" isn't technically allowed on this forum, could cause confusion because it's not considered common slang yet, especially outside of the U.S.

It's happened every time I've rolled on the molly I've gotten from a certain source which was the crystalline powder shit in capsules. and my bad lol

Back in the day when I was using drugs, MDxx drugs would make me so cold that friends would feel my hands and get so alarmed that it would scare me and I would lose my high. Most of the time I never even knew I felt cold to the touch. I believe this has to do with fact that MDxx drugs are vasoconstrictors which means they make your blood vessels narrower. Cold hands and feet are a symptom of vasoconstriction.

A class of medications to help this would be a sympatholytic, they will help cut the adrenaline.
This is likely vasoconstriction from the adrenaline and not necessarily a "body thermostat problem", although the latter is possible as well and does happen with psychedelics. The vasoconstriction is more likely to happen with harder stims like meth/dirty MDMA though, so beware of the dirty products. coldness in the extremities is the most typical sign. In nature the adrenaline reaction is supposed to help you not bleed out if you are wounded.

A word of warning, most damage to organs (kidneys/liver) from stimulant use is from ischemia or lack of bloodflow, but something to help with both the vasoconstriction/adrenaline would be something like CLONIDINE or propranolol. It will help reduce the adrenaline/coldness and toxicity a bit but could give you low blood pressure so try one of these beta-blockers beforehand to see how you do. Beta blockers also inhibit the production of melatonin so be sure to take some melatonin when trying to sleep on one of these, although melatonin is good regardless to sleep after a roll. Sleep is really important. Goodluck, any questions are welcome :)

Normally when im rolling im hot and sweaty, but when im sweaty and wet i can easily switch to freezing depending on situation/environment.

It's happened every time I've rolled on the molly I've gotten from a certain source which was the crystalline powder shit in capsules. and my bad lol

Was it reagent tested?

my body temperature rises for sure but my feet always get cold as fuck. and sometimes even when im burning hot i get shivers. always been the case so im gonna say its normal.

Its normal, dress really warm, and fuzzy hats help. If im not really warm, i dont even feel the roll really.