• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Why do I get a bowel moment right before I’m gonna smoke meth? Am I that excited?

It's a well known thing to happen with coke. Maybe it's with all stimulants. Idk
Coke usually gives me and upset stomach after I do some lines but not the urge to use the toilet.
but with meth i get the urge to shit before I get high. I would usually get it after I at least took a hit or 2.

Happens with all potent dopaminergics, absolutely normal especially if addicted
Am I an addict If go to sleep every night and eat 3 times a day? but I smoke everyday... Not a crazy amount ranging from like usually like 5 hits maybe more depending on how good the shit is but never to the point where I can’t fall asleep or my pupils are ridiculously huge. I been doing it for motivation and to work.
dont get me wrong my early days when I started tweaking I was doing 2-3 day binges regularly. But up until afew months ago I’ve been doingfew hits a day. And I found myself finding a job after 3 years and being more focused on bettering myself. Also I should be diagnosed with ADHD but I hate the doctors so I’ve never gone. And this has seemed to work wonderfully. I’ve been called the calmest tweaker by many. I could smoke bowl after bowl and be able to control myself to the point people never notice I’m high til I tell them. Was only noticeable when I’ve been up for days not eating or drinking water. Thinking about trying it orally soon...

Oh man i used to get that all the time back in the day along with that anxious knot in the stomach when you're waiting on it.
It was always right before or after that first hit or two. That was one way we could gauge how good the product was.
Its definitely an anticipitory reaction from being such a powerful cns stimulant. Truth be told i miss it lol. I dont think i've experienced that urge once in the last 6 months that ive been using.
Id be lying if i said i wasnt a little jealous.

Happens with all potent dopaminergics, absolutely normal especially if addicted
i gotta respectfully disagree. The urge to shit usually diminishes as your frequency of use increases. I found it to be pretty correlated with the "fun years" or honey moon phase with the drug.
Even after taking a 13 year break i havent had the urge to poo once since starting again.

i gotta respectfully disagree. The urge to shit usually diminishes as your frequency of use increases. I found it to be pretty correlated with the "fun years" or honey moon phase with the drug.
Even after taking a 13 year break i havent had the urge to poo once since starting again.

must just be entirely subjective then given I've heard many people say they've had similar experience to me

This has happened to me with good tweak, but used to happen almost every time during my honey moon phase of oxy abuse. I dunno if it was excitement, or I had been in wd long enough to need to shit, or both. Another interesting thing that would happen during my oxycontin days was once I got to the spot, if i was in withdrawal, once I got my pills, before I was actually able to get well, my wd would temporarily go away. Placebo is powerful man.

Oh man i used to get that all the time back in the day along with that anxious knot in the stomach when you're waiting on it.
It was always right before or after that first hit or two. That was one way we could gauge how good the product was.
Its definitely an anticipitory reaction from being such a powerful cns stimulant. Truth be told i miss it lol. I dont think i've experienced that urge once in the last 6 months that ive been using.
Id be lying if i said i wasnt a little jealous.
Really? How long have you been using? Im almost going on 5 years I’m 23

Haha i was 18 when i first tried it too.
I started in 2000, used for 6 years with about 4 stints in rehab in that time then got seriously clean in 2006.
Stayed away from the crap until July or August of last year (2019).
Been using every day since then. It's true what they say about your addiction being right there waiting no matter how much clean time you have.
It's like I picked up where i left off 13 years ago, maybe even worse. I never used daily for this long back then. Difference now though is I'm older and know how to cope with the comedowns and other side effects like they don't even happen.

Haha i was 18 when i first tried it too.
I started in 2000, used for 6 years with about 4 stints in rehab in that time then got seriously clean in 2006.
Stayed away from the crap until July or August of last year (2019).
Been using every day since then. It's true what they say about your addiction being right there waiting no matter how much clean time you have.
It's like I picked up where i left off 13 years ago, maybe even worse. I never used daily for this long back then. Difference now though is I'm older and know how to cope with the comedowns and other side effects like they don't even happen.
This drug is so tough to control but I’ve been learning. There was years that I was doing 3-4 day binges every week and recovering for 2 days and then getting right back too it. Now I’m sleeping almost every night eating 3 meals and drinking protein. And I feel like I finally almost have it on lock. But every once in awhile there’s those small moments where you just wanna keep smoking and keep the high going cuz you’re having a good time with friends. And then realize you fucked up by doing to much now im not gonna sleep and gonna look like shit. I start overthinking, then my high is just shitty all of a sudden. Then I end up getting even higher because I know I already fucked up and I want to just forget about it and enjoy. Lol so many contradictories

Ever heard of Pavlov? I think this may very well be a Pavlovian response but that's just my two cents worth.

In defense of the fact that the Pavlovian Response may very well apply to drug use, many times while I'm crushing up my pain pills to snort, my nose will just let loose and drip. I truly believe this is my body's way of saying, "Yeah, hurry up and crush that shit up already"!

This happens to me sometimes but not before. Usually after my first hit. However, when I know I'm about to score some I get a pretty similar euphoric rush even though I haven't done any lol