Why do EADD staff alienate their core posters?

M

Mystified

... for the sake of a particular individual who obviously needs help that cannot be found here?

Posting this in Anon because the staff there will remove it, but this needs to be discussed. Poster after poster alienated at the expense of a poisonous semi-troll. Why?

Your asking a question aimed at the EADD staff members that do not read this section. Everyone is allowed to post in that section, if a certain poster rubs people up the wrong way or people simply cannot get along with them or use the ignore function what more can the EADD staff do?

The rules of that section have been changed to take into account such disruptive behavior and the warning, infraction system is in place to deal with anything that may arise.

All that I see is 1 set of rules for Evilvibe and the rest of people gagged and censored. It's an absolute pisstake. Ever since evel turned up people have walked away week upon week, and she gets special protection?

Pathetic.

as pathetic as posting comments anonymously without having the balls to just use one's regular bluelight account?

and nobody is being gagged or censored. there are at least two or three threads in eadd in which evey is being discussed and they're full of people moaning and whining :)

alasdair

If I used my main account it would get removed, edited or the discussion closed down. Try it. No criticism of Evilvibe is allowed there.

I may as well follow the (huge) crowd and leave. Thanks.

if you see posts from eveleivibe, or any user for that matter, which you feel are problematic, report them and let the forum staff do their job.

if you have a problem with eveleivibe, or any user for that matter, put that user on ignore and move on.

you have more control over this than you seem to imply.

alasdair

If I used my main account it would get removed, edited or the discussion closed down. Try it. No criticism of Evilvibe is allowed there.

I may as well follow the (huge) crowd and leave. Thanks.

If you generally enjoy EADD then why let one person affect you so much that you consider leaving a forum that you otherwise enjoy? As has already been mentioned just use the Ignore feature and then you needn't be bothered by her posts.

It saddens me to see threads like this, it really does.
I'm doing all I can to invite discussion and making an effort to get along with every single poster - we have systems in place for people to flag up posts and posters of concern and we do the best we can to handle disciplinary proceedings in a manner that helps the forum and the people that use it.

I know when I applied for the position I became automatically responsible for any and all actions of anyone on the sub-forum, that is pretty much the job description, but it still feels a little personal to read things like this.

<3

Sprout you are doing a great job in EADD and I'm not alone in thinking that I'm sure.

OK I've kept quiet here with this as I felt that Ali's responses were spot on n I privately thanked him for doing so.

I feel endoubted to the EADD mod team as they helped me at a time I was vulnerable n going through a lot of personal problems which are private n no business being discussed here. I feel, and have witnessed tvat they would do this FOR ANY MEMBER OF EADD. I find the EADD staff n most Bluelight staff for that matter to be just, fair, reasonable, conpassionate, empathic, intelligent, understanding n a desire to help in whatever way possible to save lives (HR), help people n make people feel included on this site.

If it was not against site rules I would show all my infractions n warnings here to prove that I'm treatsd as fairly as anyone else. I have personally shown the new mods of EADD my infractions n warnings (i've screan shot them) n the EADD senior moderator, via E-mail, so that they are aware of my history on this site.

The EADD mod team act accordingly. I've seen them publicly addressing sourcing (explaining what is classed as sourcing etc as this can be a grey area) etc Shambles is particular amazing in this area.

The two NEW mods have heart n compassion n it is clearly obvious that their mission is to help the growth of EADD. Sprout has worked on a mega thread for 3FPM; a research chemical n is currently working on a naloxone megathread, in his own spare time, to ensure people's safe. He has turned his grief for an online friend into his aim n missjon to help n protection others in a positive, heslthy n workable, worthwhile manner. How many can do that in their grieving process? Sadie has dealt with a fair amount of abuse with grace. She cares, she communicates n she's compassionate. She spents hours of her OWN SPARE TIME helping others in EADD whom have mental health issues, person problems, are going through stuff or just need a friendly chat. Most of EADD don't read this section but I bet they could vouch for this.

Many posters have told ScotchMist that they feel he is a fair n just senior moderator - he listens to people n admits when he is wrong. I personally seen him admit he wrong gave someone an infraction, in the nony ban thread, n revered it. I'm sure that wasn't easy to admit as he made him look bad, but he did so with grace n publicly apologized to the member for doing so. I personally find that admirable.

A few of the EADD staff have disclined me (I won't say how or what over as it's against staff rules to do so). They did not want to do this, as we're all a close community in EADD but they did so because it was fair n because I was in the wrong during that time. I feel that the EADD staff are hardworkers, fair n compassionate. I've never been a member of staff though one day I'd love to be, however I'd imagine the staff don't want to go around delivering Infractions n try to work around doing so before it comes to that - there's more to being a moderator than punishing people. It's about keeping the forums in order n trying to keep people safe. The staff here are volunteers they don't get paid to do this. The spend hours of their free time here because they care about Bluelight n about its members n withiut the staff we'd not have this site.

So I want to use this opportunity to personality thank our Bluelight staff; admins, smods, enegineers/technician(s), moderators Ali n anyone else I've missed out. Thank you for making this amazing site what it is n doing all that you do for both members n continuation Bluelight itself. It's appreciated by myself n msny others

Evey

This is only my opinion but to be honest I agree and I know others do too but the mods will not hear it. Whoever that is should say it with their main account though or it's not going to be taken seriously.There is a different set of rules for Evey, I see why the mods do it, because the way she is taking everything so seriously to heart they can't treat everyone the same. What they don't seem to understand is that method of moderation will sink a forum, you upset more people than you help.

I cbf arguing with any of you but that's my opinion and the opinion of many others.