• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why do different roas feel different?

Lendy

Bluelighter
I've tried every amphetamine ROA except intravenous. They all feel very different.

Intranasal - too intense start and very sharp decline. Somehow never satisfied with its effect and constantly compulsive redosing and never happy with the end result. Causes the most anxiety. Do not love him

Oral is one of my favorites. The mildest, never and at any dosage does not cause concern. Smooth rise and fall, perhaps the most even AUC (area under curve). However, there is one caveat. It does not appear to reach the brain as effectively, perhaps due to first pass metabolism or some other reason, but the effect is always superficial.

Rectal - did not like it. It is as unstable as intranasal, but unlike it, on the contrary, it causes relaxation and calmness like oral.

Sublingual - too harsh, causes dysphoria, extreme anxiety and increased physical side effects. The head immediately begins to hurt, the limbs tremble, and the heart jumps out of the chest.

Buccal - is my second favorite. Very smooth, clean and controlled, the most stable along with oral. It feels like it has bioavailability many times higher than intranasal.

I have not found the pharmacokinetics of all ROAs, however, I am interested in the most stable and even level.

Well drugs taken orally can undergo first-pass metabolism by the liver. All parenteral routes are the same bar just how fast the drug reaches the bloodstream.

In your case, amphetamine sulfate was originally designed for oral administration and thus a very soluble salt was chosen.

I've tried every amphetamine ROA except intravenous. They all feel very different.

Intranasal - too intense start and very sharp decline. Somehow never satisfied with its effect and constantly compulsive redosing and never happy with the end result. Causes the most anxiety. Do not love him

Oral is one of my favorites. The mildest, never and at any dosage does not cause concern. Smooth rise and fall, perhaps the most even AUC (area under curve). However, there is one caveat. It does not appear to reach the brain as effectively, perhaps due to first pass metabolism or some other reason, but the effect is always superficial.

Rectal - did not like it. It is as unstable as intranasal, but unlike it, on the contrary, it causes relaxation and calmness like oral.

Sublingual - too harsh, causes dysphoria, extreme anxiety and increased physical side effects. The head immediately begins to hurt, the limbs tremble, and the heart jumps out of the chest.

Buccal - is my second favorite. Very smooth, clean and controlled, the most stable along with oral. It feels like it has bioavailability many times higher than intranasal.

I have not found the pharmacokinetics of all ROAs, however, I am interested in the most stable and even level.
Oral will be the most stable and even, with rectal administration being the same except with a much stronger initial come up, and longer duration in my experience.

It does depend on the substance. An oral dose of MDMA will last 4 to 6 hours, a rectal dose will be much more rushing at the come up and last for 6 to 7 hours, maybe 9 hours.

The same rectal administration of MDA, will result in a huge come up compared to oral, massive rushing, nausea and will last up to 20 hours depending on dose versus 6 to 8 hours for an oral administration.

Rectal administration of Adderall and methamphetamine shows the same increase in initial subjective euphoria as well as extended time of action.

Oral will be the most stable and even, with rectal administration being the same except with a much stronger initial come up, and longer duration in my experience.

It does depend on the substance. An oral dose of MDMA will last 4 to 6 hours, a rectal dose will be much more rushing at the come up and last for 6 to 7 hours, maybe 9 hours.

The same rectal administration of MDA, will result in a huge come up compared to oral, massive rushing, nausea and will last up to 20 hours depending on dose versus 6 to 8 hours for an oral administration.

Rectal administration of Adderall and methamphetamine shows the same increase in initial subjective euphoria as well as extended time of action.
I do not agree with you. Again, I don't have amphetamine PK data for different routes of administration, but in many studies with other drugs, buccal/sublingual has the same AUC, sometimes even more, with an order of magnitude higher concentration. I can confirm from my own experience that buccal feels MUCH smoother, longer and more even than oral, which in turn is not quite even and somehow feels more sluggish and superficial (like rectal).
However, this is only my subjective experience, which may contrast significantly with the experience of other users.

As for the rectal, for me it was oral with a quick start and a quick fall off, the oral version of the intranasal way, so to speak. The differences are that intranasal makes me too nervous and fussy, while rectal, on the contrary, relaxes and calms. How it works - the devil knows, science does not give an answer :)

I'm not arguing with 1 person's subjective effects - it isn't like it's statistically valid.

I'm not arguing with 1 person's subjective effects - it isn't like it's statistically valid.
Rectal administration is more bioavailable than oral. Rectal administration is reported as 99% for methamphetamine, for oral, it's between high 60s and low 80%. It is unlikely to be significantly different for MDMA.