• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Why do columbian labs bother to make Cocaine Hcl instead of cocaine sulphate?

Neithman

Bluelighter
In my knowledge cocaine sulfate is also pretty water-soluble, and therefore is suited to be snorted. It may not be as water soluble as cocaine hcl but still water soluble enough to make no difference when snorting normal amounts. Cocaine hydrochlorides insane water solubility of 2 grams per ml isnt really needed when snorting 100 mg lines.

I ask this question because cocaine sulfate is recovered several steps before cocaine hcl and would make the process much easier.

Normally you dry the leaves, shred them and soak them in a basic solution with bi carb diluted in water (better) or just lime juice(worse). Then you extract it with a solvent(kerosene) and let it soak for 1-2 days till all the cocaine base is extracted in the solvent. Then you filter the solvent from the plant matter. You now have 2 layers one with water, one with kerosene containing your cocaine base. The next step is adding sulphuric acid, which reacts the cocaine base to cocaine suplhate,which is water soluble and now your cocaine is in the water layer. Why they bother to convert this back to the base and then treating it later with hcl instread of just recovering the aqueos layer with the cocaine sulfate and make a brick out of it?. They would even have 15 % higher yield as the sulfate ion is heavier than the hcl ion( cocaine base to hcl ratio is 0.89 while cocaine base to sulphate is 0.74).

I means most crude labs in the jungle dont understand the chemical reactions behind the process but i think the bigger labs where real chemists work for the big size scale production of cocaine they understand the processes they do.

For example when you shoot up crack and mix the crack with citric acid you dont shoot cocaine hydrochloride but cocaine citrate. The same thing happens when you cook up heroin.

Because that step is not just there to go from sulphate to hydrocloride, it is there as it allows further purification of the cocaine separating it from other compounds still present at that stage, that would not only affect potency but also smell and colour of the final product.