View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why didn't I trip?

Dhawks7

Greenlighter
A little over 3 hours ago my buddy ate 3 grams of mushrooms and I ate 5 grams. We waited for an hour and a half feeling nothing, until he started puking and about ten minutes after that, he was gone. Now he has been tripping hard for about an hour but I still feel nothing. I ate a sushi roll a few hours before consuming the shrooms, but I feel like I should still kinda feel it at least. Usually I eat them on an empty stomach and it takes 30 minutes. What could have caused the shrooms to not work, and what can I do next time to trip? Thanks.

Yes I am kidding you. I don't know why magic mushrooms, if they were indeed authentic, wouldn't make you trip. Were they dried or fresh? The only thing I can think of would be the mushrooms being of an impotent species of psilocybin containing mushrooms. Or that you only ate 5g fresh which would be rather weak.

Also, have you tripped recently?

I used acid about a week ago But I haven't used shrooms in a couple months. And these mushrooms did feel less dehydrated then usual, but they were by no means fresh.

There is a cross tolerance for the two; it differs for each person though. How much cid did you take a week ago? For 5 Gs dried I would think you have to take quite a bit to not have any effects a week later though.

Strange, from personal experience tripping once and then tripping again a week later shouldn't create any cross tolerance..... unless you took an exceptionally large dose perhaps. The mushrooms being weak seems like a more likely explanation, but they'd have to be quite weak.

And these mushrooms did feel less dehydrated then usual, but they were by no means fresh.

AFAIK the active compounds will degrade much faster in mushrooms that are not properly dried. You really want them to be cracker dry.

If the mushrooms were old, they could have degraded. As mentioned, any moisture left in them will definitely cause degradation much quicker. Also, any plant psychedelic like mushrooms will vary in their potency between each individual mushroom. You could have ended up getting some weak specimens while your friend got stronger ones. I've had mushrooms where an eighth is really weak, and mushrooms where an eighth was really strong. Food in the stomach will definitely make it take longer to hit you, and the resulting trip is generally weaker because of a slower absorption rate, but in your case it shouldn't have totally blocked it.