• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why didn't I feel ecstasy

HarryPatter

Greenlighter
Okay so a few days ago I took ecstasy pills for the first time 2 pacman ones an had a great night me and my friend done this while out with a group of friends the next day we decided to do it again and got the other group of friends to do it with us so we all got pills Heineken ones this time which are meant to be stronger 3 of us got 2 each and the rest 1 these ones took about 30 minutes to kick in and it hit me all at once it was quite overwhelming at first but only for a minute then I had the good euphoric feeling like the night before but only for about 50 minutes to an hour then I felt nothing everybody else was still rolling hard so I took the other pill and it done nothing to me everyone else's lasted about another 4 hours why did this happen

It wasn't MDMA -- or the amount in the pills YOU took was low or non-existent.

Not every pill with the same logo is the same.

Hell, if i was a chemist, I'd print and sell about 20% of a batch with almost no drug. After I sent a few high content pills to pill reports. More $$ for me

MDMA is not so much what causes the feels you said you didn't get the next night, rather it's the flooding of serotonin that you didn't get the next night because you had drained yourself of the serotonin the night before.

You said all your friends rolled hard, so they still had some serotonin in their systems when they took the MDMA.

Because they rolled hard, and because the heinekens have a great reputation, it's easy to assume with great confidence you had great pills but simply rolled too soon.

Most people suggest waiting 1-3 months between rolls to let the serotonin build back up.

TL/DR you took good pills, too soon after rolling the night before. MDMA causes body to be flooded with serotonin, can take months to replenish

Pretty much what Broseph Smith said. MDMA "tolerance" builds up incredibly fast in the sense that the day or even the month after your initial roll you won't have enough serotonin in your brain to experience another magical roll. Use MDMA sparingly (once every couple of months) if you want to have the best experiences possible.

Pretty much what Broseph Smith said. MDMA "tolerance" builds up incredibly fast in the sense that the day or even the month after your initial roll you won't have enough serotonin in your brain to experience another magical roll. Use MDMA sparingly (once every couple of months) if you want to have the best experiences possible.

This is total bollocks, bullshit, tripe -- whatever perjorative term you wish to use.

Serotonin recovers to pre-roll levels within 48 hours post roll AT THE LATEST, more often it is back to normal in 1 day.

Per Schmidt 1987 ( 5HT levels return to normal within 24 hours)

The abstract of the cited study:

[h=1]Neurotoxicity of the psychedelic amphetamine, methylenedioxymethamphetamine.[/h]
"This early phase of depletion was reversible because cortical serotonin concentrations had recovered to control levels by 24 hr. "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2433425

This is total bollocks, bullshit, tripe -- whatever perjorative term you wish to use.

Serotonin recovers to pre-roll levels within 48 hours post roll AT THE LATEST, more often it is back to normal in 1 day.

Per Schmidt 1987 ( 5HT levels return to normal within 24 hours)

The abstract of the cited study:

Neurotoxicity of the psychedelic amphetamine, methylenedioxymethamphetamine.

"This early phase of depletion was reversible because cortical serotonin concentrations had recovered to control levels by 24 hr. "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2433425
You left out a pretty relevant part of that article:

"However, transmitter concentrations were reduced significantly 1 week later, indicating a second phase of depletion. The latter phase of depletion was associated with a decrease in synaptosomal [3H]serotonin uptake due to a loss in the number of uptake sites with no change in the affinity of the carrier for serotonin."

Sure you might be at baseline 24 hours after the initial roll, but you will have significantly fewer so you will not be able to get the same high right away.

You left out a pretty relevant part of that article:

"However, transmitter concentrations were reduced significantly 1 week later, indicating a second phase of depletion. The latter phase of depletion was associated with a decrease in synaptosomal [3H]serotonin uptake due to a loss in the number of uptake sites with no change in the affinity of the carrier for serotonin."

Sure you might be at baseline 24 hours after the initial roll, but you will have significantly fewer so you will not be able to get the same high right away.

And you are conveniently leaving out that the doses to cause such depletion were 10/20 or 40 mg per kg injected into the brain. (equivalent to injecting 10,20, 40 pills worth of MDMA into your brain)

Serotonin synthesis never stops in the human brain -- even if you reduced synthesis by 90% -- the brain will synthesize serotonin to normal tissue levels in a few hours. In most areas of the brain, synthesis rates will provide normal levels of serotonin in minutes.

"Using the postmortem concentrations of serotonin reported by Young et al. (34) for the putamen (466 ng/g) and temporal cortex (11 ng/g), and the present data for the rates of serotonin synthesis, the time required to synthesize an amount of serotonin equal to the tissue content is 31 and 48 min for the putamen of males and females, respectively, and 0.8 and 1.3 min, respectively for the temporal cortex. "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC24674/

Sorry, but the "you run out of serotonin" is total bullshit

Based on [admittedly] anecdotal evidence of mega dosing of vitamin C preventing any sort of tolerance and allowing for multiple MAGICAL rolls on even consecutive days, I propose that oxidative damage and some other [currently unknown] mechanism that is prevented or ameliorated by the ascorbate

causes increased beta-arrestin action on the 5HT2 receptors.

beta-arrestins are the FUNCTIONAL cause of desensitization of receptors, and also promote endocytosis (internalization and destruction of the receptor)

dynamin (a GTPase) is also responsible for remodeling of 5HT2 receptors and promoting endocytosis -- of interest, dynamin binding protein is upregulated in response to oxidative stress

The fact that most humans are suffering from sub-clinical scurvy.....

Last edited by a moderator: