• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why Did My Whole House Smell Like Weed

TrippyTrunk

Greenlighter
Im 18 but I still live with my parents and they still have strict rules because I live in their houes, one which is no smoking weed. Last week I got in trouble because my mom had smelled weed through out my whole house. I have smoked hundreds of times when my whole family had been home outside on my side yard and with not a hint of bud but when she got home about 20 minutes after I toked I got caught what changed why did that happen. Any tips are helpful but please dont be to harsh because I knew I should have just left the house

I remember toking in college at 18, was at a friends house 2 hours before his mom got home from work.

It was in the spring, & he decided he was gonna now the lawn with his riding mower, but first we would get smoked........well it was so strong, the smell went from the deck of his pool into the house, unfreaking real.

I told him I was gonna go inside & watch TV while he mowed, & I could smell it, went back outside to get my friend & saw the riding mower on top of a metal gas can as my friend was so high, he had drove over the can & got stuck, lol!

So here we are trying to get a riding the gas can out from under a riding mower......so high trying to figure out what yo to, u forgot that I came out to get him about the smell in his house.

Well, his mom came home, walked outside where we looked so baked & my friend trying to explain to his mom the gas can & riding mower situation was hilarious, I broke out laughing & she said, who was smoking weed in the house, it stinks in there, haha!

His parents were strict, but not the kind of parents that would flip out......she was pissed but got over it easily, & then I had dinner 3 hours later at their house.

IMO, I wouldn't smoke too close to the house when outside if any windows are open.

Certain kinds of weed carry a power smell so be careful.......I know its rough & stressful trying to smoke in or around your parents house sneaking around, but that's life, wait until you have children.

many factors come into play. Wind or no wind, strength/stench of tha herb, any windows open, did you go back into the house right away... It has happened to me before and i think its just a combination of how stinky it is and wind blowing it in the house or no wind at all and the smoke and smell just linger. sometimes it stays on your clothes and can spread that way. either way plan accordingly and try closing all the windows even if you are not inside when you do it. that may help or it may not but i hope this helps answer you question. <3

Well, what did you smoke out of? I remember back in high school I went out with a couple friends and smoked a couple J's then we came back to school and I was told by a couple people that our clothes reaked like weed. If you use glass it probably won't get on your clothes unless you purposely exhale on your clothes.

Yeah, if you had some diesel or some fire, coulda just stuck to your clothes, or wind couolda blown it. It's strong stuff and the more stoned you get, the more you forget about it x) GL

There is a old saying that 'weed travels'. This is a perfect example of how long the smell can linger in the air.

Ya weed is insanely hard to hide the smell of I constantly worry about neighborhood kids being able to smell it.

I use about a can of air freshener a week, because I live in an apartment building, and well, if anyone decides to become some kind of model citizen they might inform someone of the smell.

But yeah, open window+air freshener+being in a room not adjacent to people you want to hide it from is the best recipe I can offer.

Have you thought of a vaporizer, wouldn't that be much better? (I've never used one myself, but I'm looking into it). It's going to be hard to burn anything without the smell lingering, much less something like weed.

Im 18 but I still live with my parents and they still have strict rules because I live in their houes, one which is no smoking weed. Last week I got in trouble because my mom had smelled weed through out my whole house. I have smoked hundreds of times when my whole family had been home outside on my side yard and with not a hint of bud but when she got home about 20 minutes after I toked I got caught what changed why did that happen. Any tips are helpful but please dont be to harsh because I knew I should have just left the house

Yeah, as suggested above with a decent portable vape the smell is much less detectable.

It's a vapour and it's not thick and smelly. It dissipates really quickly and it smells sort of like a burnt popcorn smell before it spreads out and just goes away. It's gets you just as stoned as smoking if not more so and tastes great and you still blow out clouds (of vapour).

Cheese seems to smell the most for me so try and avoid that, also make sure you SMOKE OUTSIDE or SMOKE IN A STEAMING SHOWER. Weed seems to be one of those things that hangs around so make sure you don't do it in a closed air environment. Also note that while you may not smell the weed others might.

Last edited:
cuz weed stinks and has a lot of terpenes if its good. terpenes produce a smell.

wind blows in different directions and weed has a very distinct smell.

could have been prior suspicion and maybe wind was right. If your parents don't smoke they probably can smell a lot better than you if you smoke moderate or heavy. als you are used to the smell so might not notice how strong of scents you're letting off.