Why did I loose access to old account?

Authenticity

Ex-Bluelighter
I hope I don't get banned for this. After all my old account is abandoned as it became inaccesible one day.

I would like to know why and if possible return to that old profile and delete this one.

My old username was RecoveringPothead.

I think someone didn't like me, my username, or something I had to say but because I didn't actually break a rule instead of properly banning me someone just shut off my access.

I just want to know what, if anything, I did wrong on that profile and how, if possible, I may regain my access.

Thank you,

Authenticity (AKA RocoveringPothead)

hi

there is a bluelight account with the username "RecoveringPothead". it's not deleted. if it's yours, you can regain access at: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/login.php?do=lostpw

you must enter the email address that you originally used to create your account. your account details will be forwarded to that address.

if you don't know that email address or no longer have access to it, then (for obvious security reasons) we unfortunately can't help you.

alasdair

Edit: Details were not yet forwarded as of this edit. I will let you know when/if they are.

I remembered the email I used but I noticed something important. I had tried resetting my password many times because I lost access to it. I was never successfully able to change my password. It always came up with a message saying something went wrong try again.

Now I'm not sure what to do.

6/28/14 was the last time an email was sent trying to reset the password. It failed each time.

Could this be the work of a hacker?

Ok I don't want to break any rules or disrespect any of the hard working moderators here.

I recovered my old account.

I don't know how this works but I will never use that new account again.

I don't want to be banned for breaking any rules so if you could delete my old account (Authenticity) that would be awesome

Is it a bannable offense to have 2 accounts?

It was not done on purpose and I apologize.

What should I do about this?

Thank you so much alasdair!

Strangely I got no link to that email but I tried the new password sent to me months ago and it worked!

But now I'm worried because I have 2 accounts.
What should I do now to stay within the rules?
Can "Authenticity" be deleted or is it sufficient for me to simply abandon that account.

Thank you again for your help and all the work you do maintaining this amazing forum,
RecoveringPothead

There's nothing wrong with having multiple accounts as long as you only use one to post. Just don't switch between them.

There's nothing wrong with having multiple accounts as long as you only use one to post. Just don't switch between them.

Thank you so much! I will not use my old account anymore.

Edit: or ahh ...my new account lol. I will abandon my other profile