• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why did I have an afterglow for so long?

SayWhatHEH

Bluelighter
I've tried MDMA or MDA (Marquis reagent tested) in the form of molly a number of times and I have had a number of different effects during and after... My first time I remember feeling amazing feelings I had never had before, followed by "the blues" the day after. I have also had experiences that went well, where I just felt hungover the next day, with no effect on my emotions. And then there was this one time... where I had an amazing afterglow for a month, possibly even a year after.
I had very few negative emotions for the next year lingering into the next year. I don't think I was super-human. I still felt anger/sadness daily. But relative to how I had felt throughout my life and the way I imagined others felt typically, I was superior in terms of happiness, optimism, and general positivity.
I did lot more molly than I had ever done on this occasion, about .3-.4. Was doing bumps over about 8 hours and the effects built up and only increased over the 8 hours. At around the 9 hour mark we hit our first inclination of boredom. Understandably, as we were out of Mol. We started drinking pretty heavily, probably 6-8 shots each over the next 2 hours. Probably another 2 hours of shenanigans and we are passed out. Roughly 4 hours of coma-like sleep later, and I'm wide awake. I feel great.

I stayed feeling great for so long... Even today I have an optimism that I'm not sure I would have, if it hadn't been for the best afterglow ever. That's why it's difficult to say how long it lasted... because it may still be happening haha.

My deductions are that I either "exercised" certain receptors in my brain to the point of a favorable shift in brain chemistry, or... The quality of the amazing experience during the roll affected me at a deeper level... a spiritual level... like my soul leveled up haha.

Anyway I just wanted to throw that out there. Opinions? any relevant info or experiences others have had? lemme know please!

Common I would say. Drugs give us humans super powers if you did not know. Nah but sometimes psycoactives show you the way things can really be including ourselves if we open up and look at the bigger picture of things. Heyyy

I think youre right... I think it showed me how things could be... that I could be an even happier person and that it could be easy... just had to believe

First time on any amazing psychedelic I have (and have one right now infact) a really fantastic afterglow - even MDMA (and GHB and MJ edibles) - which I took alot more than I thought spread over time (Vyvanse cross tolerance, been taking amphetamines my whole life so it wasnt a surprise, good to know though) - I had been up since 10 PM (weird sleep scheduled atm) was up until 4 AM the following day... and I learned and healed alot on MDMA - but strangely the cras I learned even more about appreciating these compounds - not overdoing it - the vale of rest and food (but I was hydrated lol) - being sober and overall gave a very renascent feeling; gnosis/enlightenment - a renewed love for all things in life - and so much more -even during the shitty feeling come down I was in a somewhat good (yet exhausted) mood after eating like crazy at thanksgiving dinner (L-Tryptophan may of helped as well) (despite feeling like crap - I forced myself to eat a good meal, multi-vitamins, minerals/trace elements, complete amino acid complex, some creatine/NOS inhibitors (Citruline and an more effacios analog of Arginine which I forget atm) - some creatine/reserveatrol, - a few tablets of melatonin (which I had preloaded with for a week or more beforehand), and cats claw aswell but im nut sure if that did much of anything - before I fell asleep - protein shake (plenty of gatorade and water during and after) after getting some of the best sleep of my life (thanks to my clonazepam, temazepam, valium. soma, two sam adams cheer wheat beers and some lyrica (And, yes that seems like overkill but Ive had insomnia all my life and receptors have desensitized alot; I keep a close eye on my dosages - I don't recommend anyone add all those together - just saying) woke up - voraciosly eat thanksgiving dinner (I think the L-Tryptophan helped aswell) I feel great; I was expecting muuch worse from what people has reported on erowid, here and other forums that Ive been reading since I was in middle school.

My first LSD trip I'll never forget - doing yoga meditating by a beautiful pond on a sunny day with everything we needed, in our town forest - we were so still at one point the birds came to investigate, aswell as snakes (right by my face - it was like we understood each other and meant eachother no harm - didnt phase me a bit usually would've, squirrels, all kinds of animals (I felt so connected with the ear that I heard a dog coming our way while meditating on my back, after doing some yoga - and becoming one with/listening to the entire forest - like a plant-animal network - and sure enough 30 mins later a lady with a dog came by and actually had a nice convo with her lol - my friend was like "Oh, my, god dude - A POLAR BEAR is coming or way... is that really a polar bear?! and I'm like *facepalm look* dude its a golden labrador hahahaa. Afterglow from that lasted for a week

Same with my couple of good mushroom trips, first time too little dose wise/bad setting (but the walk home at twilight just before the sun came up was so serene and beauitful - took a little hike - shwoered woke up a new man - even when the trip isnt all that impressive sometimes the afterglow is just as good and the second time too much - BUT was great fun, I only remember bits and pieces lmao my friend, who knows I like to go a little overboard sometimes - I was way worse back then - "Man I'm telling you -only take 2 grams MAXIMUM - I tested these, and PHEW!"- and I'm like "Frankie (name redacted to protected the innocent rofl. you do know now that you said that I'm going to take atleast an eight, if not more - right? hahaa - then he warned me a few times but goddamn was he right; Took an 3.5 - and I had a blast but I barely remember a thing - just disjointed events (I was lucky enough to had a friend who got his licenced didnt have a car and didnt mind driving while I tripped out and we smoked - then headed to my buddy who I got them froms house for a tiny party with brew; In a room of people smoking weed ( At the peak-peak I was so out of it my buddies girlfriend had to put the bowl in my mouth, light it and hold the rush LOL so I could stay in the circle (coldnt or wouldnt or didnt feel /understand? how to move my arms or something - I remember being kind of helped into my buddies house lol) for hours I couldn't or didn't feel like/want to speak (actually to be more precise I couldnt articulate myself but could respond with hand signals or nodding - it was interesting in retrospect -

but I had the biggest smile ever on my face - she was even like "are you should this is a good idea, does he want to get even higher?" my buddies like "Are you kidding me, this is 'AMKR' we're talking about here hahaa." and she just looked at me (so I mustve been cognizant somewhat) and nodded with much enthusiasm haha. After smoking I really remember nothing at all (many many bowls) - other than watching them play guitar hero and the music wobbling / the guitar on the tv (you know how it just keeps going/moving?) it was coming out of the screen at me, that and I remember being extremely fascinating with EVERY conversation going on, I even stared at a girl friend of mine - and she was kinda like "What?" (not angry or anything - we had hooked up a few times so shes chill but was only high) and I just remember trying to articulate that her face was swirling into a spiral lol. I know my bud knew his stuff and the mushrooms were strong but part of me wonders if a LITTLE bit of alcohol potentiates the trip or something - we had one of those little tiny champaign bottles they give out after weddings in gift bags and stuff, and I downed half of it to finish the mushrooms. Have taken a 3.5 again since then but never had another experience like that one haah.

monk like silence the whole time and basically still/motionless the whole time - until I came down and was like WOAH where did everyone go? "Hahaa man they left hours ago! You've been out of it for awhile - wanna smoke a bowl?" "Wow - that was fantastic, most of it is just moments - he told me about some I forgot but dont remember atm and said "Hell yeah! Pack it up my man.") It was awesome and weeeird like a Shroom-Hole or something (I was gonna some M-Hole but wanted to avoid confusion with Methoxetamine/MXE)

I had an afterglow for 2 weeks, but many times I would feel supreme for a while after rolling. Like you all say, it showed me how life can be. I felt like a nice person, and life was great.

Unfortunately it was chasing the afterglow when my LTC kicked in, so be careful. Basically it wore off and I wanted to be happy again for another 2 weeks. What I really should have done was eat healthier, exercise and not hang around with idiots. Such is life.