• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

WHY are MBDB / BDB unavailable lately?

radioheadx

Greenlighter
Back in 2003-2004 it was quite easy to get your hands on some MBDB or BDB. These are the alpha-ethyl versions of MDMA and MDA respectively. Back in those days you could buy it on websites. Probably US ones, before Operation Web Tryp. Nowadays though, it can't even be found on the darknet. So, WHY is this? I really liked both of them. Probably the MBDB a bit more.

Neither of them were terribly popular. They were expensive, had unwanted side effects, and just never took off.

I was wondering the other day if we wouldn't see MBDB re-emerge now that the cathinones have effectively been axed.

It would be a logical move if you ask me. I never got to try it back in the day but I always thought it would be interesting.

Neither of them were terribly popular. They were expensive, had unwanted side effects, and just never took off. I was wondering the other day if we wouldn't see MBDB re-emerge now that the cathinones have effectively been axed. It would be a logical move if you ask me. I never got to try it back in the day but I always thought it would be interesting.
Sure, but, just about everything is available. Yet for some reason not these. I did both MBDB and BDB 10-20 times. Well worth trying. Unique drugs but hard to explain. MBDB and BDB were definitely less of a stimulant, more of a sedating effect. doses on BDB ranged from 90 to 190mg doses on MBDB ranged from 150-240... I am baffled that some chems are available and some not. There's no rhyme or reason. As for side effects, I enjoyed the 14 times i did MBDB and the 10 times I did BDB. I didn't take many notes. But they are surely worth exploring. It baffles me that no one makes them. They are just the alpha-ethyl version of MDMA and MDA. No idea why

This is likely not made because it's covered by analogue acts. I'm not sure, however... it's likely that the precursors are the same as MDMA as well, making them quite hard to come by legitimately.

This is likely not made because it's covered by analogue acts. I'm not sure, however... it's likely that the precursors are the same as MDMA as well, making them quite hard to come by legitimately.

Methylone was covered by the analog act and was still widespread.

Its likely that the synthesis cost is too expensive to make money off of it considering the high dosage requirement.

EDIT: and it doesn't share precursors with MDMA.

Last edited:
If I'm reading correctly it's synthesized from piperonal (an MDMA precursor) or MBPBP if you follow Shulgin's synthesis, but you need safrole to synthesize MBPBP anyway.

Its likely that the synthesis cost is too expensive to make money off of it considering the high dosage requirement.

Agreed, although it is interesting that it's not even somewhat available if it was popular before. Probably went the way of MDE, was just forgotten as time past and better drugs came out. It would be nice to see a reemergence, but I kind of doubt it.

Yeah you're right, I did a synthesis look up. Without going into too much detail, the synthesis is a bitch. I could see why this one would be expensive. It would have to be made in small batches rather than bulk (MBDB at least, I didn't bother with BDB).

Either way, I seem to remember the reports being pretty boring on it. Like it was an intoxicant and was mildly pleasant but not something that was remarkable. I mean with how available it used to be, I can't think of any other reason it never gained popularity while everything else around that time did.

Things don't have to be remarkable to be enjoyable :)

No but the remarkable stuff is what tends to have repeat customers.

I enjoyed 4-MeMABP but it wasn't enough for me to buy it (I had a free sample from a vendor).

MDEA is scheduled, but BDB and MBDB are not, so the analogy is limited.

ebola

It is a bit surprising that less black market analogues haven't shown up recently, especially these days when everything from Allylescaline to Zopiclone is available online

Got some from my usual MDMA connect back around 1989, J and some MDE as well. His supplier often had oddities and passed them along as gifts. The MDE was sedating, but the J was kinda in between MDE and MDMA and I liked it. Where the heck is an online supply? Definitely beat the ketone.

If someone wanted to sell an analogue of MDMA, I think N-OH-MDMA would be a better seller than MBDB. As was said earlier in this thread, synthesis is a really very difficult, and out of all the reports I read before those in this thread, it got generally bad to lackluster reviews from users. I think the slack in MDMA "legal" alternatives is currently being fulfilled mainly by the 5-or-6-(M-or-E)AP(D)Bs. How's that for an acronym?!