• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why are Gabapentinoids so good for opioid withdrawal??

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I usually try and just take a not-sick-from-withdrawal dose of my prescribed opioids to make them last but..rarely happens. I used to binge drink when upset and now I'm sober (from alcohol) I tend to binge on my pills when really upset (like 12 times my prescribed doses of morphine and gabapentin and sometimes thorazine) so I run out early.
I've ran out again this time. I have zero morphine left and only 8 codeine 30s (I'm rx'd both) and don't get anything until Monday (currently Thursday) so I've been taking a 300mg gabapentin every 4560 minutes all day and apart from some mild leg pain and mild sweating I feel like 85% okay.

Anybody know how they work so well? As far as I know gabapentinoids have zero opioid activity at any dose.

IME I would rather have a benzo and a bp med and they aren't anything special. have a follow up question, WHO added the OID part and WHEN. Or has it always been chemically so?

everyone is different though, if they work its a blessing!

IME I would rather have a benzo and a bp med and they aren't anything special. have a follow up question, WHO added the OID part and WHEN. Or has it always been chemically so?

everyone is different though, if they work its a blessing!

I'd rather have a benzo, too, but no luck. I CAN get some Bisoprolol if that would work as a BP med?

For me gaba agonists and benzos don’t really touch a real opioid withdrawal. If I had to pick one I’d say lyrica does a better job than even benzos tho.

How long ago was your last opioid dose?

I'd rather have a benzo, too, but no luck. I CAN get some Bisoprolol if that would work as a BP med?

Ok I hear you. I would rather have lyrica than nothing forsure. I suggest benadryl as an easy otc BP med and im sure you are aware of immodium and kratom and all that jazz.

For me gaba agonists and benzos don’t really touch a real opioid withdrawal. If I had to pick one I’d say lyrica does a better job than even benzos tho.

How long ago was your last opioid dose?

I ended up going 42 hours and then a miracle occured this afternoon and my morphine came early (was due on Monday).

Ok I hear you. I would rather have lyrica than nothing forsure. I suggest benadryl as an easy otc BP med and im sure you are aware of immodium and kratom and all that jazz.

Yeah, I can't get kratom but my usual go-to is Nurofen Plus (each pill 12.8mg codeine) and Solpadeine Max (each pill also 12.8 mg codeine) plus 36mg/day generic imodium. Plus Gabapentin.
If it get's really bad I'll take 200mg questiapine, 200mg thorazine and 300mg trazodone which will allow me to sleep for up to 16 hours at a time.

I ended up going 42 hours and then a miracle occured this afternoon and my morphine came early (was due on Monday).

Congrats. I always like to keep a little back up reserve of some old left over suboxone for when the pharmacies decide to fuck me over.

Let me ask you are u in the US and have experienced delays and shortages with getting your morphine?

People on the chronic pain sub on Reddit have begun complaint a lot about this. Seems limited to the heavy hitters like oxy and dilaided and stuff.

I’ve never had an issue or supply shortages with my methadone script.

Congrats. I always like to keep a little back up reserve of some old left over suboxone for when the pharmacies decide to fuck me over.

Let me ask you are u in the US and have experienced delays and shortages with getting your morphine?

People on the chronic pain sub on Reddit have begun complaint a lot about this. Seems limited to the heavy hitters like oxy and dilaided and stuff.

I’ve never had an issue or supply shortages with my methadone script.

No, I'm in the UK. I'm fortunate that my pharmacist is very good to me. There was a couple months ago a shortage of my 10mg morphine pills, but he contacted my doctor on my behalf and gave me half the number of pills but 20mg doses.

During WDs your brain gets too excited (well you know what I mean) and no matter it’s from opiods, GABA will help to fix that at least a bit. That’s one thing, other are muscle relaxation, easier sleep, less anxiety etc..