• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Why are doctors so reluctant to prescribe xanax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImIzSavage.

Greenlighter
I've had anxiety for years. When I first had it my doctor out me on Xanax. I ended up missing 3 apts and was fired from him. So I went to my new doctor who prescribed me Klonopin. And that works. But she only gives me a little bit and refuses to up it. I went to see a psychiatrist and she wanted to give me fucking Prozac. So I kindly left her office. WHAT DO I DO?! How can I get a doctor who will give me Xanax or at least more klonopin? Idk what to do. I feel like I've done everything I know. Any help is honestly sincerely appreciated.

Your only choice is to doctor shop. It will be costly. Finding a doctor who believes in real anxiety treatment is rare these days. I too went to a psych thinking oh, they should understand. Nope, they argued with me for an hour and gave me a lexapro script. I said I'm not depressed and I have anxiety/insomnia, this will only worsen my symptoms. They ignored me. 250 bucks down the drain. I'm gonna just doctor shop GPs and hope I don't run out of money personally.

But this thread is also close to sourcing so I expect it to be closed. Best of luck to you OP. At least you're on clonazepam. I'm still looking for a doc who will give me ANY bzd.

But this thread is also close to sourcing so I expect it to be closed. Best of luck to you OP. At least you're on clonazepam. I'm still looking for a dock who will give me ANY bzd.
Wait so where should I post this? I'm new here

Yeah you just have to keep trying till you find one who will give you what you want/need which is unfortunately v. expensive

Advice on how to get drugs though. AKA advice on how to source drugs.

I understand your pain, trust me. You're just gonna have to doctor shop though man, that's the only answer to your question.

Advice on how to get drugs though. AKA advice on how to source drugs.

I understand your pain, trust me. You're just gonna have to doctor shop though man, that's the only answer to your question.
Ok I understand what you mean man. Thanks for the tip!

I guess I should have worded the while thing differently. I was looking to get other people's experience with this. Like we can't be the only ones going thru this right?

Ok I understand what you mean man. Thanks for the tip!
Best of luck. I'm in the same boat. Tough times we live in. BZDs are the government's next target now that they've pushed pain patients to street fent.

The prevailing theory in psychiatry is that SSRI/SNRI is the answer to all mental problems, but they aren't. At all. They only increase depression and anxiety and insomnia in most users. But they can never be taken for 'fun' aka relief from stress, so they're 'safe'. BZDs are only 'fun' because they kill anxiety though... It's so fucking stupid.

Best of luck. I'm in the same boat. Tough times we live in. BZDs are the government's next target now that they've pushed pain patients to street fent.

The prevailing theory in psychiatry is that SSRI/SNRI is the answer to all mental problems, but they aren't. At all. They only increase depression and anxiety and insomnia in most users. But they can never be taken for 'fun' aka relief from stress, so they're 'safe'. BZDs are only 'fun' because they kill anxiety though... It's so fucking stupid.
I completely fucking agree. I just got in an argument with my psychiatrist today over this.

This is closed. Sorry you wasted your time guys, but you should have read the forum guidelines before postng.

Status
Not open for further replies.