• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why am I not tripping when I ingest 4-AcO-DMT?

orangelicker

Bluelighter
I stopped taking duloxetine (Cymbalta) about 2 or 3 months ago... I have tripped on 4-AcO-DMT since stopping multiple times, with comparable trips to when I wasn?t taking the SSRI. Used many times in the past.

Now, ~3 months after discontinuation of re-uptake inhibitors, when I swallow or plug it, (doses ranging from 5mg-30mg), it does not work. No psychedelic effects, only stomach upset/diarrhea 1.5-2hours after oral ingestion. Have tried it maybe 3 or 4 times now.

Getting worried, as I read that long-term SSRI use can cause tryptamines to not work correctly, but I would think that since it did work since stopping, and I didn?t start taking it again, it should now.

What is causing this? Anyone have any ideas?

Current medications are metoprolol, omeprazole, glycopyrrolate (anticholinergic), minocycline (antibiotic), vitamin, loratadine, probiotics, and high-fluoride-toothpaste.

Wtf :(

[if you have seen my other post about 3-MeO-PCP not working, I?m writing that off as bad chemical; NMDA and Serotonin are different receptors and likely not affecticting/interacting with one another]

Lots of factors and variables in your post. This one looks like only u will be able to find the answer. Quality 4acodmt should be felt by most Any one in 15-30mg range. Make sure it is 4acodmt and nothing is blocking the pharmacologic action. Maybe see how some else responds to a moderate dose aswell.

It is definitely quality 4-AcO; numerous other people have reported strong effects from proper dosage of the same sample. Even I have had effects from it in the past (same exact batch as in a couple months ago). It is not degraded; it has been stored well (dry/cool spot with dessicant) and is only about 2 months old purchased from vendor.

It’s me. I dunno what about me, but it’s me.

Well, that?s really strange. I took Venlafaxine (SNRI) for years, now Im 2-3 years without it and Im 100% able to trip even harder than ever.

It?s the firsat time I listen that long-term SSRI use can cause tryptamines to not work correctly. I would say that?s not it, maybe some interation with the bunch of meds that you are currently taking?

I mean, I did a bit of research as to whether the current meds would have any effect, and it looks like they would not... plus I was taking (most of) them and have tripped in the past year.

Yeah it’s just really weird. I do have one hit of 1P-LSD that I kind of don’t want to waste, but may take in the near future to see if it is effective. If I keep it too much longer, it may lose a lot of potency (unfortunately not able to put it in a freezer or anything, gotta Jew it hidden.).

Maybe you need to wait longer possibly being the longer you're on it or the more you try to use it in an unstable manner like this the longer you'll need to wait to restabalize for use? This is complete guess work and speculation and very possibly not the case although really what else can you do besides give up and go back on the meds or wait longer and try it again?

Well I stopped the meds for other reasons (ie SSRI’s cause brain damage), so being N’s blegh ti trip again is mor?y just a bonus. I suppose it did make me wanna stop them more again, but it wasn’t the main reason.

It really just makes me frustrated that it was working like a month after I stopped the xynbslta, and now is not working

Ugh sucks

Update: I boofed about 5mg 4-AcO a week ago and I tripped BALLSZ

I had taken 50mg 5-HTP for about two week prior.

Time and 5-HTP.

Thank goodness I trip once again.