View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why am I 'immune' to psychedelics…?

Unhuman

Greenlighter
I've only done legal ones to date (I'm in the UK), but they have absolutely no effect on me whatsoever; I've read here about folk getting a really strong trip from 25mcg 1P-LSD - in the past 4 hours I've taken EIGHT times that and, aside from slightly blurred vision, it's had no effect whatsoever, not even the slightest little bit.

It's the same with magic truffles (legal shrooms). I bought 60g of fresh P. Tampanensis from a vendor in Amsterdam. Took 15g straight up the first time, just chewed 'em and washed 'em down with spring water. After almost 2 hours all I felt was slightly nauseous and very sleepy.

The second time, a couple of days ago, I pulverised another 15g packet and mixed it in freshly-squeezed lemon juice, left it to sit for around 20 minutes, then knocked it back. Exactly the same effect as before.

Even salvia has no effect on me (and I bought such a lovely bong for the purpose of salvia smoking!).

Could anyone PLEASE shed any light onto WHY psychedelics don't work on me…?! It's EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!

I'm taking no other drugs (OTC, prescription or otherwise - can't even get hold of any weed, dammit! ??).

Any insight, ideas, advice gratefully received!

Namaste

SJ

25 ug would be a very very low dose. I can't think of a reason a vendor would sell that dose, sounds suspicious. salvia and truffles work on totally different receptors so it's very unlikely neither would affect you.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think you've just called me a liar. Why would I post to a forum claiming that, of the 3 psychedelic substances I've tried NONE has had an effect, if it wasn't true…? You telling me I don't know my own mind and body…? You're wrong, actually, all psychedelics work on the SAME pathways, that's why cross-tolerance can occur (which isn't the case with me).

1P-LSD
Psilocybin
Salvia

NONE of the above psychedelic substances has any effect on me whatsoever - why…? Any help from someone who DOES know what they're talking about…?!

Last edited:
Some people need larger doses to breakthrough. You didn't have very much. I think 25ug of 1p-lsd would be inactive in most people, it's sold on 100ug blotters & that seems a reasonably mild dose even if you're small & sensitive. There's a tolerance too (that fades over about 2 weeks) so after your first attempt it might have put your tolerance up too much to feel the next dose if it was too quickly after the first.

Salvia is completely different to any psychedelics, but there's a high chance you bought bunk stuff or didn't smoke enough of it quickly enough.

Also, some weed helps a lot if you're not feeling your psychedelics. Just don't use it to try to calm down or anything, it'll boost the trip.

Well, I have no idea why you can't trip. My only suggestion is to take higher doses until something happens. Unless you're an alien or a robot, I imagine that, at some dosage, you will trip. If you decide to experiment with higher doses, I recommend using drugs with very high therapeutic indices like LSD or 4-AcO-DMT.

I didn't say you were a liar, I just said that it's unlikely one problem would cover both receptors since they're not really related. I'm just doubting it since it doesn't make sense biologically. Maybe there's some other factor, did you smoke salvia leaves or extract? And by suspicious, I meant the vendor, not you.

Some people need larger doses to breakthrough. You didn't have very much. There's a tolerance too (that fades over about 2 weeks) so after your first attempt it might have put your tolerance up too much to feel the next dose if it was too quickly after the first.

Salvia is completely different to any psychedelics, but there's a high chance you bought bunk stuff.

Are you saying salvia is NOT a psychedelic…? I - and Erowid - would have to disagree.

From Erowid's entry on Salvia Divinorum:

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Salvia divinorum is a sprawling perennial herb found in the Sierra Mazatec region of Mexico. Its leaves contain the extremely potent Salvinorin A. It has a history of buccal use as a divinatory [/COLOR]psychedelic, and has been widely available since the mid 1990s primarily as a smoked herb. Its effects are considered unpleasant by many people.

So, tell me again how SD is NOT psychedelic…?

I'm saying salvia is completely different to any psychedelic, works on totally different receptors in the brain that no other psychedelic uses at all.

As wikipedia says "Research has shown that salvinorin A is a potent and selective κ-Opioid (kappa-Opioid) receptor agonist." most psychedelics are serotonin agonists, salvia doesn't seem to affect serotonin receptors at all. I think it's more of a dissociative experience, closer to ketamine or nitrous oxide than psychedelics.

A lot of head shop salvia is bunk & can't get anybody high. Most people are going to need a fairly strong & well prepared extract, and you need to take two big hits quickly.

How did you take this 1p-lsd? Did you cut your 100ug blotters into quarters & take it 25ug at a time over 4 hours? If so, that isn't going to work, that is the reason psychedelics aren't working for you, you're doing them wrong. I don't know who told you 25ug is a strong dose but they're either abnormal or just wrong, all the first 25ug dose would do is stop all the other doses from working. Wait two weeks & then eat a full tab, if that hasn't done anything after 90 minutes eat another one, if it still doesnt work wait two weeks & then eat two at once, etc...

Because of the tolerance problem only the first dose counts with these psychedelics, later doses won't increase the intensity of the trip much, you can't take a dose in quarters & expect it to do anything, you need to take a full dose. If after a couple of hours you realise you haven't had enough it's too late to take more, just need to have some weed or something to boost it.

Tolerance to psychedelics like lsd & psilocybin wont affect any attempts with salvia & it doesn't have the same kind of tolerance, but I guess you were doing that wrong too. It's a very short & intense experience, only lasts about 5 minutes, so you still need to get quite a lot of it in you quickly, it's all about those first one or two hits. If you really want to get messed up on salvia, then find a reputable supplier, get some 5X or 10X extract & then take two really big hits really quickly. It's best to be sat down, have a sober sitter & make sure you wont burn the place down when you drop your pipe after the second hit, it can totally knock you out if your material is strong enough & if you hit it hard enough. Raw leaf or headshop 'extracts' hardly do anything no matter how hard you smoke it.

Last edited:
Exactly. Your serotonin receptors should have no direct effect on your k-opioid receptors that would make you immune to both types of substances. In fact, salvia is a totally different type of drug than LSD. LSD is an alkaloid, just like most psychedelics, but salvinorin A (the active compound) is a trans-neoclerodane diterpenoid which means it's chemically as different as two drugs can be.

Every individual has it's own dose for every substance, depending on physical/psychological conditions, tolerance, expectations, set and setting...

Remember never exceeding the dose over the suggested ranges even if you don't feel effects, since it may lead to secondary or negative effects.

I have some friends experiencing the same and it looks like it's something psychological. As an example (I do not know if this applies to you, but in case of some of my friends, it could explain it) I have some friends that tend to get obsessed about questioning what effects they are feeling in every single moment after consuming a psychedelic. I even saw how one of my friends took 25mg of 2C-B without experiencing any effects whatsoever, and the others (including myself) were tripping to a more than acceptable level on the same day. It's like if they are unconsciously blocking it by "continuously be in focus of what they are going to feel".

I've noticed on my last trips that expectation on the experience & set and setting are related to the intensity of the effects. When I take something and I think it's not going to affect me, it does not affect me or it does in a reduced way. When you take something, try to think that you are going to get a good psychedelic experience instead of think that -due your previous experiences- you are not going to feel nothing. But never exceed the recommended dosages for the different substances even if you don't feel what you expect.

Also, tolerance builds up very quickly, so try to space the experiments as much as you can (two-four weeks) to ensure you don't have any.

You could also have natural tolerance to some compounds, that's entirely possible, but as others mention, pharmacokinetics of Salvia and other psychedelics are pretty distinct.

Last edited:
I think that his attitude receptors are shot and that's why he can't trip... :p

Lol that's what I'm thinking as well. Jeez, the most aggressive condescending posts based on false information I've ever seen when he was trying to argue that all psychedelics work in the same receptors lol. Chill bro :)

Psychedelics don't work very well on me ethier but I would say for you just like everyone else has said use ALOT more or try to get a hook up to other drugs try pizza guys I know it sounds strange but domino pizza guys have hooked me up many times before good luck and I hope you find a way to trip!

-Streetcow

Sounds to me like you need to do the REAL stuff, not the fake crap.... and as far as the Salvia goes, you have to do a hell of a lot of it to get any kind of "psychedlic experience". I only did it once, but it was 25x extract, the stuff smells and tastes (I guess) like cat piss, and all that happened to me was drooling on myself, laughing like crazy at my friend, and seeing a squirrel jump out of a tree... so yeah. Try taking actual LSD or a 1/4 of cubensis sometime, just make damn sure you're in a good mood and around people you know. It's all about set and setting. Before you know it you'll be flying around in outerspace, so prepare yourself my friend :)

Try smoking a large dose of DMT.

I have never before met any human being who is immune to the effects of DMT. Oooh and maybe try DPT too, it's a lil spooky but I bet you could handle it, Mr. "Immune to Psychedelics" ;)