• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why after 21 years they cut my meds "for my safety"?!

Blues_singer

Greenlighter
For 21 yrs I've had a muscular dystrophy, SLE, and bone necrosis, w chronic fractures (pain!). My pain clinic had me on *hundreds* of miligrams oxycontin + oxycodone for years. Suddenly, they tapered me to fent patch @ 75 mic + 6- 30MG oxy for 6 YEARS, saying I was "doing GREAT".(while my husband was dying at home). Suddenly (despite norm liver panel), they say I have "too much" drugs in my system (?!) They dropped me to Fentanyl to 50 and Oxy to 5 pills, then 4, then only 3- 30mg pills in 24 hours. I am DESPERATE w pain & w/d. They won't show me the tests? Could taking lots of *magnisium citrate* have raised my oxy levels ? The new staff doesn't seem to remember my medical issues, and I'm terrified because W/D is making heart & breathing issues much *worse* (+ pain & wretchedness). I only had ONE tablet the last time they said "too high." Could it be mag citrate, omeprazole?

I also take several supplements like gingko biloba, Omega 3, Cocoa powder, Vit D3. I read Omeprazole (Nexium) and magnesium could affect levels, and recently went on both.

sounds like a classic case of having to hear about the eternal story of how upset someone gets when they can't get their fix and all the diluted thoughts they come up to rationalize why they have been wronged . *or* others who log on their computer each day to tell strangers they just took the same drug they've been taking everyday and how happy they are about it.

so my answer would be do some exercise after your doc clears you instead of crying over getting 600mgs of oxy instead of the 700mg that you said had you ''doing GREAT!"

The only way they can say if you had too much of the drug is if they tested for it. IIRC Fentanyl being synthetic takes a different test than other opioids too so that would be two tests you would need, (definitely one) and most likely a urine test at that.

It could well be that the Dr's have been chastised over their prescribing, a new Dr has taken over the monitoring of the opioid prescriptions or something you said to them, (possibly about coping wiht your husband dying - sorry to hear that btw) that has them cutting you back.

I was on tramadol 100mg twice a day and co-codamol 30/500mgs 2 * 4 times a day and on phone for a repeat on a Friday was told I was no longer to be getting anything. Fuck me but leaving the pain aside, to throw someone into withdrawal without discussion is cruel. So I am not surprised at how callous your own is. In saying that the drugs you have been taking take a great toll on the body and may be they are helping you by cutting things back, can you ask them for a referral to a pain management program if they are going to cut your drugs? May be a referral to a pain clinic could be in order?

On a last note and hopefully a bit more sensitive than other posts, take care it is not an addiction/dependence reaction to the reduction in drug. As it was no doubt helping the emotional pain of your husband it can become dangerous and even prevent you dealing with it correctly, (unfortunately we need to feel the pain of the death and go through the stages of grief to emerge healthy from it)

A bit of advice - if at all possible try a gluten and dairy free diet. The SLE being inflammatory can be exacerbated by gluten.

I wish you well.