Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why 3-EMC is not a thing???!

Neuroborean

Bluelight Crew
Have you think about it?
I cannot think of a single reason (well, maybe synth procedures/costs?) why 3-EMC is not a thing...
4-EMC is known to be a bit more serotonergic than 4-MMC or well, maybe less balanced than 4-MMC but some people thinks it's almost as good (and some people prefer it). I would love a more serotonergic 3-MMC since sometimes I find that the dopamine push/rush of 3-MMC obliterates the serotonin action, that I generally prefer (I love 3-FEA for example).
I'm pretty sure that if that makes it to the markets and it's generally as I think it could be then it would be a total success.

I'm missing good stims to be honest, I'm waiting for an order with some NEP but it's not the same as 3-mmc (I don't trust the current vendors of 3-mmc atm).
Some drugnerds that know about synths/chemicals, could you tell me if I could be right about how 3-emc would be? it's the ethyl moeity a guarantee of more serotonergic action?

Last edited:
Won't fit into NET or DAT. SERT alone is almost imperceptible - the others seem to amplify the euphoria.

Boy these makers are scraping the barrel. A nitrile at 4 would work... but metabolism would change totally and that might be bad.

I tried a MCAT analogue in which the propyl chain was terminated by an -F. has THAT been done yet? Worked, but the salt wasn't too water soluble so nasty to snort. Using a different sat (sulfate, phosphate and so on) WOULD solve that issue.

Won't fit into NET or DAT? you mean the ethyl on 3rd position? won't touch that receptors? odd stuff.

Yes - their is more space in SERT at the 3 & 4 position - which is why MD(M)A JUST fits. But if you even put an -F on the methylenedioxy bridge, it's almost inactive.

That's why things like fenfluramine are SERT only.

But if you even put an -F on the methylenedioxy bridge, it's almost inactive.
Are you talking about some of Trachsel’s compounds, e.g. DiFMD(M)A? I always wondered how those would behave in vivo.

I dunno - but a single fluorine reduces activity by 50%, 2 fluorines by a lot more. That is interesting because it's a small moiety. But it's a ring so it's bond-angle is less than the 120° between the 2 carbons of the putative ethyl moiety.

If you want something even better than MDMA, MD aminorex is your go to drug. 7,α dimethyl tryptamine is also great. Upjohn came up with the latter in the 1960s. That 7-methyl means it won't fit the 5HT2a site so well (so only trippy at high doses) but it hugely increases SERT (and α substituted tryptamines already have decent NET and SERT.

We made them both a decade ago, but they would cost about £6000/Kg to make. I mean, much less at a large scale, but they both take 3 steps (plus workup) whereas MDMA can be made from PMK-glycidate directly.

BTW please ask these questions in the Neurochemistry subforum - you would be most welcome.