Why 250mg/week of Test E for First Cycle?

Zalo

Bluelighter
I'm looking into running my first cycle. I see that the first cycle post on here recommends 250mg test e/week. Bluelight has been the only place (so far) that I've seen recommend 250mg. Everywhere else seems to recommend 400-600mg/week. 250mg seems to be on the upper end of a cruise/TRT dosage, so I'd imagine you'd potentially only have slightly above natty test levels resulting in a minor increase to gains.

Anyways, I'm just speculating which is why I'm here asking this question. I'd like to know the reasoning behind using 250mg vs. 400-600mg.

You can only gain so fast. If you were already at your genetic max, then sure more test would be used. More isn't always better especially with gear. I'm definitely over my genetic max as a natty and do just fine on 500mg of test. Right now I'm on less gear than I was 4 years ago and getting just as much now as I was then, roughly half as much gear now actually.

I'm looking into running my first cycle. I see that the first cycle post on here recommends 250mg test e/week. Bluelight has been the only place (so far) that I've seen recommend 250mg. Everywhere else seems to recommend 400-600mg/week. 250mg seems to be on the upper end of a cruise/TRT dosage, so I'd imagine you'd potentially only have slightly above natty test levels resulting in a minor increase to gains.

Anyways, I'm just speculating which is why I'm here asking this question. I'd like to know the reasoning behind using 250mg vs. 400-600mg.

The body produces about 4mg/day..
250mg with the ester weight removed equates to about 168mg of testosterone, after 4 injections the compounded half lifes add up to about 315mg, so hardly TRT...

The body produces about 4mg/day..

Doesn't it depend on the person how much test they naturally have? I imagine Muhammed Ali naturally had a ton more testosterone in his system than Woody Allen.

Last edited:
Doesn't it depend on the person how much test they naturally have? I imagine Muhammed Ali naturally had a ton more testosterone in his system than Woody Allen.
Most definitely. The genetic elite have more favorable profiles. What comes to mind is the female Olympic sprinter who was DQd because her natty test levels were too high. And she's not the only one. If you look at testosterone ranges, at least the old scale from a few years ago, I believe the top natty level was like 1300 (for men) which is ridiculously high compared to the general population being nearly twice as high in comparison.
Here's an article about the female sprinter I mentioned.