• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Who uses pot for depression relief?

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Legal in Canada where I live. Got so sick of high doses of antidepressants that don’t seem to do jack except give me bad side-effects. I reach out for chocolate edibles and THC capsules. I notice the relief being sort of unsteady for the first week then more steady as the weeks go on.
Is weed only for temporary relief and does it make depression worse long-term as academics say?

I do.

Unknowingly my whole life.

I know when I don't smoke for some time I start to get depressed. There was a time I simply could not smoke due to court testing, and already having been to jail several timesfor smoking, next time was prison. Was a complete drunk and heroin addict during this time and eventually went on methadone. As soon as I was free off probation again started to smoke again, got off the done not much longer. It kills opiate cravings too.

I would be much more depressed if I couldn't smoke.

Never been on anti depressants aside taking wellbutrin for fun a few times when I was younger.

Never been on anti depressants aside taking wellbutrin for fun a few times when I was younger.

Wellies are nice IMO.

Anyway, when i was on probation i couldn't smoke either. It sucked because like TIS said, it actually helps with hard drug cravings IME.

Anyway, not too sure about long term effects but too much of anything isn't good.

If i were you i would smoke a little every other day. To keep tolerance low, work on depression sober so you don't rely on drugs, and minimize long term risk.

But you said it got more stable in time? Maybe it would work with a tolerance in that case. Maybe you dislike the big high that can induce anxiety and prefer the more stable, chillness that comes with a higher tolerance?

That said, you could just smoke a tiny bit to get that same effect and avoiding anxiety, if you do in fact get it with higher doses.

I know anxiety and depression go hand in hand.

Remember one time I moved some states away. Smoked all my weed up on the drive there. The 1st month was very hard to find weed. Found it a few times. The guy in the room over took pity and smoked me down a few times. But the 1st month was very depressing due to lack of weed. A hookup came from back home that knew a guy where I was at. Was crazy luck to find that. Was begging people to send me to weed and dude was like...I have hookup there!! Haha. Got an oz of fire. Had a hookup. And From there was good. Was indeed like I was off my meds since smoke weed daily since I was 14 (outside of a 2+ year break that turned me into a heroin addict in late teens). Can easily take the odd day off here or there but removed completely and will get more and more depressed. Safe to say MJ is an anti d plant.